• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Goggles that are compatible with the Giro G10

Greg

Staff member
I have a pair of Smith goggles that don't fit well with my Giro G10. Looking to replace them. Can any other G10 owners recommend something?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I had the same problem with a pair of Smith goggles on my Giro9. I ended up getting another pair of Smith Prodigy's that fit much better. Still not a perfect fit. Scott and Giro seem not to get along.

NESkibum

By far, the best goggle to wear with the G10 is the Oakley Crowbar. Giro has also came out with their own branded goggle to fit with the G10 known as Root. It looks alot like the Crowbar but I have not yet tried it on to see what the fit is like.

Hawkshot99

I own the G10, and have used many different goggles with it. In the Smith line the Fuse fit real nice. The Prodigy I felt was too tall of a lense and pushed down hard on my nose. In the Scott line The Motives fit perfectly. My personal favorites though are Spy Soldier's. They fit awsome, nice face foam and, good lenses.

The other problem you are facing with goggle fit besides helmet shape is face shape. My friend is looking to get a helmet, that will work good with his Spy Soldiers as he already owns them. However he has a small face and the don't fit at all, with a G10, were as they fit perfect with my face. The best bet would be take your helmet to a shop that has several brands of goggles and see what works best for your face shape, and helmet compatibility.

DEVO

I have a pair of Smith goggles that don't fit well with my Giro G10. Looking to replace them. Can any other G10 owners recommend something?

I also have the G10 Prodigy combo (my G10 is the MX model with the visor), I find they fit great together.

Greg

Staff member
Thanks all! I picked up a pair of Oakley Crowbars with blue iridium lenses on eBay for $93. A lot more than I've ever paid for goggles, but it seemed like a decent deal.

SKIQUATTRO

take your Giro into the shop with you and try em on...everyones face is different, what works for you wont necessarly work for me...

ubskitech

ubskitech

You might want to revisit your Giro dealer as Giro has begun producing their own goggle line. This should allow for a precise match for your helmet.

Greg

Staff member
Thanks all! I picked up a pair of Oakley Crowbars with blue iridium lenses on eBay for $93. A lot more than I've ever paid for goggles, but it seemed like a decent deal.

The Crowbars came yesterday and they fit under the helmet much better than my Smiths. The strap seems really tight though despite being as loose as it can go. Anyone else notice this?

danny p

my IRIS goggles came with a special attachment you can add to the goggle band to make it longer so it's not so tight around the helmet. fits my G10 great.

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
The Crowbars came yesterday and they fit under the helmet much better than my Smiths. The strap seems really tight though despite being as loose as it can go. Anyone else notice this?

You might need an extender but with the new Oakley's they have that sticky strip on the inside of the strap and sometimes when it's on the helmet it prevents the strap from fully stretching since it is sticky. While most goggles nowadays are "helmet compatible" it is always a good idea, as mentioned, to try the goggles with your helmet to make sure it will work.

Last edited:

bvibert

Staff member
..they have that sticky strip on the inside of the strap and sometimes when it's on the helmet it prevents the strap from fully stretching since it is sticky.

I have a pair of Spy goggles with that sticky strip, I hate it! Seems like a solution to a problem that didn't exist to me. All it does is make it harder to get the goggles on and off the helmet...

SkiDork

I have a pair of Spy goggles with that sticky strip, I hate it! Seems like a solution to a problem that didn't exist to me. All it does is make it harder to get the goggles on and off the helmet...

I actually love the sticky inside of the Spy straps. Keeps it solidly in place, and I never have a problem putting them up or down. I guess to each his own.