• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who is hitting Tuckermans this year

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
The hiking is the easy part, the skiing a bit more on the tough side. Carrie, if you don't believe you'd be up to skiing, it's worthwhile going just for the circus atmosphere and to scope out for future possibility. My wife will go this year, but will not ski.

Grassi21

will you be there before or after lax practice?

booo YAH

no lax practice tomorrow. season starts march 23. although the booster club is sponsoring a conditioning camp the week before. lookout for pomperaug lax this year!!!! i have 5 sr. defensmen to work with this year.

2knees

you need to wear one of these the next time you ski.

lax_helmet.JPG

you'd still look less ridiculous then Brians pearly white golf visor special.....:lol:

Grassi21

you need to wear one of these the next time you ski.

lax_helmet.JPG

you'd still look less ridiculous then Brians pearly white golf visor special.....:lol:

that helmet came out around 1995. helmet styling has come a long way since then.

our hats for my club team look like this but in dark green and black with a sticker/logo of a bearded clam...

cpx.jpg

ps - maybe i can wear it for bump or bust II?

Angus

you can hike or skin up the tuckerman's trail which starts at the amc ctr but it's pretty well packed down.

But you can skin up the sherbie - it seems to be allowed - every time I've asked someone coming up while I'm going down that's what they claim! the sherbie terminates at the amc ctr too. it's a fun trail.

I hiked up and skied down last year mid-april early in the am and just kept my ski boots on and drove over to wildcat for a great day of spring skiing.

with day light, you can definitely ski at wildcat, hump it up after 4 and be back down with sun light to spare if you're in good shape. couldn't convince my son to do that last year!

2knees

i know steve likes to "stay on point" so i apologize for the hijack.

I'd like to but i know, absolutely know, i wont do it. I dont like physical excercise.

skidmarks

Joe Dodge Lodge

I'm planning on doing Gulf of Slides and Tucks April 2&3 staying at the Joe Dodge Lodge.

Had a great time skiing GOS last season. It was almost like skiing out west.

skidmarks-albums-some-ski-pictures-picture105-a.jpg

Greg

Staff member
I'd like to do it, but it's not even a consideration before lift serviced is over. And once that happens, I might be thinking about the MTB more than skiing. You never know though. I wasn't planning to hike Hunter in the fall either.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I'll be going up several times, as I'm sure Austin will... though on the weekends that will see a lot of traffic at Tuckerman, I'll most likely be at GoS, GG or Monroe. And I'd really like to do Oakes this year too.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
The hiking is the easy part, the skiing a bit more on the tough side. Carrie, if you don't believe you'd be up to skiing, it's worthwhile going just for the circus atmosphere and to scope out for future possibility. My wife will go this year, but will not ski.
Is she going to hike up and then down?

I'm thinking back to last May when the Divas tried to convince me to go down Montezuma Bowl at A-basin. So I made my way over, looked over the lip, froze up and decided there was no way in hell I was going down it. Ability-wise, I could probably have handled that (and Tucks). But I think I still have mental roadblocks I need to get past first.

2knees

i am far from my days of college athletics. but i do think i have a slight cardio edge on 2knees. these lungs are polluted but strong.

i think he was referring to reefer madness. you know.....puffing nuggets, pulling tubes, poking smot, gettin high high high.

that shit is bad for you.
nonono2.gif