• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Moguls moguls moguls!

Greg

Staff member
Seeded bumps at Mount Snow and Killington. Little mountains down my way like Southington making an effort. Blue Mountain on board. Of course the natty bumps up at Mount Ellen. Hearing a lot more mogul talk this year than probably the last 10. Wonder why? American skiers medaling in the mogul events at the Olympics has certainly only helped. A fantastic spring seems to be shaping up for mogul skiers.

:spread:

4aprice

Looks to me like bumps are making a come back. They make skiing our local mountains so much more fun. Spent the weekend banging away at Camelback and there were certainly plenty of others on them as well. Had to spend several minutes at the top of the lines waiting for the carnage to clear several times the past two days. I've done more and better bump skiing in the Pocono's then ever before this year.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Glenn

I've really enjoyed them this season at Mt. Snow. They've done a good job with how they lay them out too. On Rollercoaster, they left the sides groomed. So my wife...who's post ACL and wants nothing to do with them can still ski with me when I go down a bump run. She's even been able to snap a few pics and video. Man, I need to quiet down my arms. :eek:

4aprice

. So my wife...who's post ACL and wants nothing to do with them can still ski with me when I go down a bump run. She's even been able to snap a few pics and video. Man, I need to quiet down my arms. :eek:

Your in the same boat as I am Glenn. My wife used to rip but after the ACL she's much mellower. She still ventures into lower angle bumps (and skis them slowly but well) but put any steepness into them and she shys away. Need to get her to work the camera.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Glenn

I call that "just practicing my beer ordering technique for the bar later" arm motion! :lol:

Yeah, but if we're with you, that's not needed! "Jeff, you guys look a little low...how about another round?" says the bartender.

Alex,
Yep, my wife is nervous as well. I think bumps scare a lot of skiers...but throw in a knee injury. I'd like to get her to try out some smaller ones a low pitch trail. I'm not ready to get her out of her comfort zone yet though. She's only about 7 months post op.

The camera has helped! It's also helped me to understand why the Sundown crew favors a shorter pole for bump runs. :lol:

Greg

Staff member
The camera has helped! It's also helped me to understand why the Sundown crew favors a shorter pole for bump runs. :lol:

Post the vid!

drjeff

Yeah, but if we're with you, that's not needed! "Jeff, you guys look a little low...how about another round?" says the bartender.

:) :beer: :)

The other funny thing is he know's exactly when S needs/wants to switch from Stoli Vanilla and Diet Coke to water ;) [size=-4](and bring me another beer)[/size]

Glenn

Post the vid!

I dunno. I don't exactly deliver to postable levels. :oops: Maybe I will though. I'll have to review it on the computer....last viewing was over beers with my wife and Jeff. :wink:

drjeff

I dunno. I don't exactly deliver to postable levels. :oops: Maybe I will though. I'll have to review it on the computer....last viewing was over beers with my wife and Jeff. :wink:

Glenn, I'm 99.99999% sure that Vcunning will post more embarrasing vids of you in a few weeks then what I'm sure is the "cinematic masterpiece" that M took of you in the bumps!

Grassi21

Post the vid!

Dude, have you seen me ski in some of these vids? Post that chit up, it can't be worse than me.

Glenn

Glenn, I'm 99.99999% sure that Vcunning will post more embarrasing vids of you in a few weeks then what I'm sure is the "cinematic masterpiece" that M took of you in the bumps!

You know...that's a good point!

Ok guys...I'll pull that off the cam tonight and see if I can get the up on Vimeo. :spread:

jaywbigred

Glenn or Doc....did either of you guys see the father/son combo that was lapping/ripping Roller Coaster this weekend? I'd guess son was 7-10 y/o and father was in his mid 40s...

campgottagopee

Seeded bumps at Mount Snow and Killington. Little mountains down my way like Southington making an effort. Blue Mountain on board. Of course the natty bumps up at Mount Ellen. Hearing a lot more mogul talk this year than probably the last 10. Wonder why? American skiers medaling in the mogul events at the Olympics has certainly only helped. A fantastic spring seems to be shaping up for mogul skiers.

:spread:

Just a fad ;-) no worries

Glenn

Glenn or Doc....did either of you guys see the father/son combo that was lapping/ripping Roller Coaster this weekend? I'd guess son was 7-10 y/o and father was in his mid 40s...

I didn't. But I did see a few people wipe out in them. No one got hurt though, so that's good.

powhunter

Dude, have you seen me ski in some of these vids? Post that chit up, it can't be worse than me.

Hmmm... Why is that??? :beer:

picture.php

deadheadskier

Staff member
You reading this Bob Fries!!! :smash: ;)

Actually, I welled up a bit pulling into the parking lot at Ragged on Saturday. They only groomed half of Showboat. The skiers right side was just push pile spread out bumps on hard slab, but it's a start.

ERJ-145CA

I posted about this in the Mt. Snow bump thread but then I saw this one so I'll post again. My home mountain, Hidden Valley, which had been completely groomed my last 3 years as a pass holder, seems to be allowing bumps to form now. Tonight Kurly Kue was completely bumped up and the last couple of times I was there Helenbeck was bumped (tonight Helenbeck was groomed).