• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Friday 24th Sat 25th

reefer

Im sitting at Magic waiting for it to fall. Waking up to a bare deck and the downward revision was a bit of a bummer but Im looking forward to whatever we can wring from this one. Its been skiing great all week and this can only make it better.

Thanks jr. Keep us updated please, nothing like on location. Will most likely be up Sunday, not sure about tomorrow yet.

MommaBear

Mount Snow has had flurries, rain and freezing rain so far. Still waiting on the snow.

mlctvt

Mount Snow has had flurries, rain and freezing rain so far. Still waiting on the snow.

Looks like it keep getting downgaded now there's only 1-2 inchs possible tonight and that's it. With the freezing rain they already got today and the possible wind holds tomorrow, I'm not even bothering to drive up tonight. This winter is just unbelievable.

ScottySkis

Looks like it keep getting downgaded now there's only 1-2 inchs possible tonight and that's it. With the freezing rain they already got today and the possible wind holds tomorrow, I'm not even bothering to drive up tonight. This winter is just unbelievable.

You ever consider a hill that is getting snow, you could get cheap magic lift tickets.

jaja111

As always, best of luck to ya'll in NE. Here in the western flank everything has fallen apart and the NWS forecasters at the Buffalo office presumably fear to show their faces. Last night a winter weather advisory was issued after a rain forecast for the night before for rain yielded 1-4 inches of snow. They predicted last night to have 2-4 and then tonight into Saturday morning having 3-7. The WWA lasted about 9 hours and was pulled. The temps were bumped up, snow removed, and now a high wind warning issued for 28-38mph gusting to 65mph this evening. Everyone was in a "finally!" mood, and now its just shock, dismay, and continued depression. More sand on steel, borderline experts only dangerous conditions tomorrow evening at Bristol.

At least this season has made me a better skier. I think I'm getting pretty proficient at the game of "where to turn and not die?".

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
From Twitter:

MattNoyesNECN RT @mikeluoma: Seems like it's mostly been sleet in Montpelier VT today, Matt
9 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite
MattNoyesNECN RT @biscottidana: Those lil' styrofoam-ball-like flakes of snow were falling here in Henniker for a half hour or so, now just rain And yucky
MattNoyesNECN RT @mikesusz: @MattNoyesNECN here in Rindge, NH we just climbed above freezing at about 3:30 (currently 32.2°F)
MattNoyesNECN For the next few hours, elevation dependency is key in Northern NewEng for snow vs rain. Cold takes over gradually between 6:30 & 9:30pm
31 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite
MattNoyesNECN Concord, NH, on the other hand, just burst from sleet to heavy snow for a time per Facebook Friend at http://t.co/k0kJ8PgK
32 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite
MattNoyesNECN With a temp of 33 deg in Worcester & Springfield, MA, easy to wonder if rain might change to snow. But at 6000ft it's 41, so rain it is
33 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite
tbone51558 @MattNoyesNECN we are done with the snow in north attleboro. Rain, 34. Just a mere coating. Crepuscular.
8 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite
jillerickson @MattNoyesNECN Big fat flakes of snow in Falmouth. http://t.co/togzixUY
9 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite
MattNoyesNECN The 4% battery left on my phone combined w/getting up in under 5 hrs is a sign I should leave well enough alone & let the flakes fly. Zzz...
14 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite
MattNoyesNECN @gilsimmons I had a little epiphany on Twitter couple hours ago if u scroll back -think lack of good ice nuclei the issue outside of banding
14 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

ScottySkis

L
As always, best of luck to ya'll in NE. Here in the western flank everything has fallen apart and the NWS forecasters at the Buffalo office presumably fear to show their faces. Last night a winter weather advisory was issued after a rain forecast for the night before for rain yielded 1-4 inches of snow. They predicted last night to have 2-4 and then tonight into Saturday morning having 3-7. The WWA lasted about 9 hours and was pulled. The temps were bumped up, snow removed, and now a high wind warning issued for 28-38mph gusting to 65mph this evening. Everyone was in a "finally!" mood, and now its just shock, dismay, and continued depression. More sand on steel, borderline experts only dangerous conditions tomorrow evening at Bristol.

At least this season has made me a better skier. I think I'm getting pretty proficient at the game of "where to turn and not die?".

Sorry to hear that it's been a hard winter for all of us.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
noyes as of 6pm Friday

Matt Noyes latest:
6a00d83451c01c69e20168e7ee47b6970c-800wi

6a00d83451c01c69e2016301f79331970d-800wi

6a00d83451c01c69e2016762ec59bb970b-800wi

Tooth

Sugarloaf Facebook page already warning people to be patient tomorrow with wind holds. Its the way it goes with these big ones.

Cheese

Snowing hard at Sunday River with an inch on the ground already. Little breeze but nothing to worry about yet.