• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2011-12 Edition

Cornhead

Elk Mountain, $35,$25

Bring your Season Pass from any mountain, $35 Weekend, $25 Weekday remainder of the season. Was well worth it yesterday, great conditions, great weather, small crowds.

Rambo

Plattekill St. Platty's Day Specials 3/17/12

Noticed this on Plattekills website:
Free lift ticket to passholders from other mountains on Sat. 3/17/12

from Plattekills website:
TOP 10 REASONS TO COME TO "ST PLATTY'S DAY" :
1. Spring Rates $30
2. FREE ticket if you have a 2011/12 season pass to another mtn
3. St Platty's Day T-shirts
4. Green Beer & Delicious BBQ
5. Bumpin Blockbuster Mogul Competition
6. Shamrock Hunt
7. Live Music & Beach Party on deck
8. Cornbeef & Cabbage Dinner
9. LOTS OF SUNSHINE
10....this might be the last weekend @ Platty for 2011-12 winter season!!!

ScottySkis

Noticed this on Plattekills website:
Free lift ticket to passholders from other mountains on Sat. 3/17/12

from Plattekills website:
TOP 10 REASONS TO COME TO "ST PLATTY'S DAY" :
1. Spring Rates $30
2. FREE ticket if you have a 2011/12 season pass to another mtn
3. St Platty's Day T-shirts
4. Green Beer & Delicious BBQ
5. Bumpin Blockbuster Mogul Competition
6. Shamrock Hunt
7. Live Music & Beach Party on deck
8. Cornbeef & Cabbage Dinner
9. LOTS OF SUNSHINE
10....this might be the last weekend @ Platty for 2011-12 winter season!!!

Sounds like a great deal Platty last weekend for winter most likely they said on there FB page today, just be cautious probably not much snow left but have fun because Plattekill is always fun.

lou12572

gore mountain has special from the 22nd to 25th (closing the 25th)
38$ ticket and sons under 19 ski free with paying adult. not a bad
deal

gotr0

Free skiing/riding at Waterville Monday (3/26) to Sunday (4/1)

rocojerry

free sugarbush weekday

I have a warren miller voucher for a weekday at Sugarbush I won't be using --

I'm not even sure if they will be open thurs/friday... but still yours if you would like to print it out just incase.

xwhaler

I have a warren miller voucher for a weekday at Sugarbush I won't be using --

I'm not even sure if they will be open thurs/friday... but still yours if you would like to print it out just incase.

I think the Bush is closed midweek and then this wknd will be their last. Also, at least when I used my Warren Miller voucher earlier this yr they matched my license to the name printed on the voucher registration.
Nice gesture though!

rocojerry

I think the Bush is closed midweek and then this wknd will be their last. Also, at least when I used my Warren Miller voucher earlier this yr they matched my license to the name printed on the voucher registration.
Nice gesture though!

Oh well... I never typed the code into the website to link it to myself -- so it would have worked :) maybe next year. I'm just bummed I used up some 2-for-1s to sugarbush on a weekday prior to using my freebie! oops.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I got an offer to test drive a MB several years ago, figured it would be fun. It was held on an old military airstrip. They took my license, I filled out the form, release liability and they handed me the keys of this high-end 500-series I guess. Isn't someone coming with me? Nope. Just do the maneuvers on the signs.
1. Gun it up to 80mph. When you get to the water puddles, slam the brakes hard. Ooo, that was fun.
2. Get the car up to about 40 and do the slalom. I was sure with my ineptitude it would be interesting. Smooth as silk.
3. Get up to about 40 and do a sharp u-turn. Wow, my gut dropped out, but it did the 180 flawlessly.
4. I then had do go up some ramp and land on the other side. Well, I really don't remember what happened.
I got a free MB baseball cap, and some nice shiny brochures came in the mail. Very low-key promo.

Hey here's one for skiers:

Mercedes Benz Test Drive to Win at Spruce Peak

FRI, JULY 6

Test drive some of Mercedes Benz finest automobiles during 11am-3pm and receive two complimentary *golf tickets or *ski tickets for the 2012 season. Test drive location is in the farmers market venue in the Spruce Peak Plaza.

*Golf tickets are vaild through the 2012 golf season. Ski tickets are valid through 12/21/12.

I think you know where I'll be on Friday the 6th. And I'm not asking for some stinkin' golf tickets!

Bostonian

I got an offer to test drive a MB several years ago, figured it would be fun. It was held on an old military airstrip. They took my license, I filled out the form, release liability and they handed me the keys of this high-end 500-series I guess. Isn't someone coming with me? Nope. Just do the maneuvers on the signs.
1. Gun it up to 80mph. When you get to the water puddles, slam the brakes hard. Ooo, that was fun.
2. Get the car up to about 40 and do the slalom. I was sure with my ineptitude it would be interesting. Smooth as silk.
3. Get up to about 40 and do a sharp u-turn. Wow, my gut dropped out, but it did the 180 flawlessly.
4. I then had do go up some ramp and land on the other side. Well, I really don't remember what happened.
I got a free MB baseball cap, and some nice shiny brochures came in the mail. Very low-key promo.

Hey here's one for skiers:

Mercedes Benz Test Drive to Win at Spruce Peak

FRI, JULY 6

Test drive some of Mercedes Benz finest automobiles during 11am-3pm and receive two complimentary *golf tickets or *ski tickets for the 2012 season. Test drive location is in the farmers market venue in the Spruce Peak Plaza.

*Golf tickets are vaild through the 2012 golf season. Ski tickets are valid through 12/21/12.

I think you know where I'll be on Friday the 6th. And I'm not asking for some stinkin' golf tickets!

I may have to hit that also! two free lift tickets all for driving a Mercedes? I will still keep my audi though anyday! Hmmm looks like Stowe will be on the list for next year :)

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I keep resisting buying more prepaid discounts. I think I have somewhere around 25 right now. I can definitely use those up plus hit some other areas via normal discounts. I don't think I'll eat any tickets this year.

River, what happened? Scratch that. We all know.:( That's what we get for wishing gobs of snow....This year for sure!