• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak T-bar Closed?

gregnye

Ok, so the Jay Peak website said a few days ago that the Queen's Highway T-bar will be closed for the rest of the season. I have check their Now when I went to Jay much earlier in the year, I noticed that some of the T's on the T-bar were missing.

So I am just curious. Does anyone know why it is closed? Is the motor broken (I was told that its very old)? Are all the T's broken off? Is there not enough snow cover?

Before I created this alpinezone acount, I found many threads stating that the Bonnie and the T-bar would be due to replacement really soon. Is this it? Could this be why its closed?

Discuss! :spin:

(Personally, I love the T-bar! So much fun! It would be terrible if it's gone forever)

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Closed due to lack of snow, I assume. Happens every year, usually not this soon though.

It'll be gone soon enough with the lift redesign (whenever it happens) and good riddens. I like surface lifts (a lot, actually) but that T bar sucks. One of the worst around, IMO. Small T and the bungee is a PITA.

TheBEast

Damn.....headed up there in 2 weeks and that's our easiest way to Tram side for customer service in the morning......argh.......

Zand

Closed due to lack of snow, I assume. Happens every year, usually not this soon though.

It'll be gone soon enough with the lift redesign (whenever it happens) and good riddens. I like surface lifts (a lot, actually) but that T bar sucks. One of the worst around, IMO. Small T and the bungee is a PITA.

It was closed last week too and there wasn't much of a lack of snow. Looked like it's DDM especially considering all the Ts were taken off.

JPTracker

The tbar closed early last year due to maintenance problems. Because this is its last season they did minimal maintenance to try to get it through this season. Made it most of the season.

JPTracker

Except that our condo is over there......at this point I'm just hoping there is enough snow to ski on at that point! Woods are probably going to be shot.

Your condo is either tramside or off the village chair. You shouldn't need the tbar.

Smellytele

On 3/17 there was limited snow at the t-bar - so yes lack of snow - then when the Bonnie went down it was a cluster at the Jet. 35-40 minute wait!!!

Zand

On 3/17 there was limited snow at the t-bar - so yes lack of snow - then when the Bonnie went down it was a cluster at the Jet. 35-40 minute wait!!!

Lack of snow now, yes, but it's been closed for over a week at least and there was plenty of snow last week over there. The T's were already off the line before the meltdown started.

fbrissette

The T-bar tractor cable broke. Nothing to do with the lack of snow. The T-bar is supposedly gone forever. If everything goes according to plan, the jet chair will be repositioned north of the acual Bonnie all the way to the taxi and that will be the fastest way to reach tramside from stateside.

gregnye

Thanks, I was really curious why it was closed and now you have answered all my questions!!

You guys are right, though I do enjoy T-bar lifts, this one didn't really service much. The fact that it's broken will hopefully push Jay Peak to go ahead with the lift installation this summer before they add the crazy slopeside expansion planned for stateside. And with a chair lift to taxi, there will be more to ski on wind-hold days! The real question is, what would they name the lift that goes to Taxi?

lou12572

hi guys
saw this was jay peak thread (sort of)
planning on going there friday the 30st.
what is the price of the lift ticket there?
went ot web site and couldn't locate price.
thanks in advance
lou

steamboat1

hi guys
saw this was jay peak thread (sort of)
planning on going there friday the 30st.
what is the price of the lift ticket there?
went ot web site and couldn't locate price.
thanks in advance
lou
It says $75 on their website.

I'd expect it to be lower when you arrive.

Some other mountains have already lowered their prices.

Hope there's snow left for you to ski otherwise the water park is $35.

Bring your bathing suit.

lou12572

steamboat
thanks for the info.
i have the ride and ski new england card
and 1 coupon left for buy 1 and get 1 free left
was hoping to use it then since i cant go this
coming friday.
lou