• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Long Range Forecast

ScottySkis

483484_404222322983008_849426255_n.png
Snow.:snow::snow:

BenedictGomez

Bastardi updated his Winter prediction. A bit colder still for the east, still with above average snow, but calling for 125% of normal in the blue areas.

1213snow3.jpg

BenedictGomez

Lots of chatter about the pattern looking to turn much colder around December 7th, and more importantly, this time it could result in sustained cold.

Fingers crossed.

I'd like to make 1 significant ski trip before my annual Christmas trip to Florida (which most years usually guarantees a SECS or MECS for much of the northeast, so..... you're all welcome for that).

BenedictGomez

Yet another long-term winter prediction. I dont put much stock in folks ability to predict the weather a few months out, but this guy is pretty good with individual storm tracks so who knows.

decfsdfsdfsd.jpg

jans.jpg
febfsdfsd.jpg

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Yet another long-term winter prediction. I dont put much stock in folks ability to predict the weather a few months out, but this guy is pretty good with individual storm tracks so who knows.

I like this too. And it fits my own personal theory that this season will be a repeat of 06-07.

4aprice

Trying to remember...was that the back-loaded season that took forever to get started but once it did it was epic?

06-07 was a good one. Christmas was kind of a disaster but about 2 weeks into January it turned. Big Valentines Day storm and IRC big St Patties day storm as well and it kept going deep into April:-D. FWIW I'm hearing we might be about a week away from a turn to the better (fingers crossed). Still patient even as it claws at my insides:snow:

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

dlo55

As long as there is snow December through March I am ok with that!

BenedictGomez

Here's some of the best news yet for a great winter if it verifies, one of the mets I follow listed a predictive chart stating the NAO is predicted to be negative all the way through February and maybe even March! Fingers crossed.

15465845597317444994674.jpg

ScottySkis

December 18-19 possible snow storm Josh from Mrv weather blog is saying possible first storm for most of north east.:):thumbup:

BenedictGomez

December 18-19 possible snow storm Josh from Mrv weather blog is saying possible first storm for most of north east.:):thumbup:

He didnt put numbers on it, but some I've read are predicting that that will be a solid 12"+ for n.NE if the models verify.

In other positive news, it looks like the cold might be here to stay! :daffy:

a97rrjyceainba2jpglarge.jpg