• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt Snow Saturday (1/5)

Cheese

I'm heading up and was wondering if any other AZers were going to be sharing the same snow. I'm always up for company for a few runs if there is interest.

drjeff

I know that myself, Glenn and Vcunning will be there.

I've got a Blue Phenix coat with white stripes on the arms, black helmet, black pants (I have no clue what my wife who I'll be skiing with will be wearing ;) :rolleyes: :lol: ) And as to where on the mountain i'll be skiing, who knows?? If (when) the crowds build, as ,much as I love riding the bluebird, we WON'T be there!

And usually by 1:30, a bunch of us have "adjourned" to the Station Taproom on the 2nd floor of the main base lodge for some apres drinks as we wait to pick our kids up from their respective programs :beer:

skifree

ripcord opened today...think i may be sick tomorrow

Cheese

Red Spyder coat w/black stripes on the arms, black pants and a blue helmet with a AZ sticker on it. Just yell, "Cheese" and nobody but me will turn around I'm pretty sure.

PM sent

Cheese

No time for a trip report but I will say, RIP CORD was the trail to ski yesterday. Plenty of man made snow on it and it didn't ice up all day. Lapped it a bunch of times as I don't know if it will be that good for the remainder of the season.

drjeff

Sorry we didn't meet up Cheese - gotta agree 100% that Ripcord was awesome this past weekend! I must have taken atleast a dozen runs down it, and aside from the forming of a few bumps by mid/late Sunday, it was still that amazingly awesome chalky snow from top to bottom!

ScottySkis

Sorry we didn't meet up Cheese - gotta agree 100% that Ripcord was awesome this past weekend! I must have taken atleast a dozen runs down it, and aside from the forming of a few bumps by mid/late Sunday, it was still that amazingly awesome chalky snow from top to bottom!

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
Any one that went on Sunday, just curious how were the crowds with the pay your age deal for kids?

Cheese

No worries drjeff, another time. I tried to get in the Tap Room ~3:30 but there were no seats to be found. Cuzzins was just as full so we just headed down the road and stopped at a brewery in Wilminton which had more free seating. It was right at the junction of Rt. 9 and Rt. 100. I don't remember the name but Google thinks it was probably the Maple Leaf Brewery.