• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2012-13 Edition

elks

FYI. I've tried to order this deal through Gearbuzz and other than promptly charging my credit card (on the third attempt), they have been completely inept. Upon ordering and all the errors on during checkout, I call the 800 number to verify my order. I was told it was all set and a confirmation email would arrive within 24h. That never happened. Tried contacting Gearbuzz by email and no one answers back after several days. I called tonight to find out where my order was and they couldn't help me at all. The phone contact on the Gearbuzz site goes to some third party customer service company that knows nothing about orders already placed, tracking, fulfillment, etc. When I asked them for a phone number to reach Gearbuzz directly, they gave me the same phone number I was already calling. Going around in circles.

abc

FYI. I've tried to order this deal through Gearbuzz and other than promptly charging my credit card (on the third attempt), they have been completely inept. Upon ordering and all the errors on during checkout, I call the 800 number to verify my order. I was told it was all set and a confirmation email would arrive within 24h. That never happened. Tried contacting Gearbuzz by email and no one answers back after several days. I called tonight to find out where my order was and they couldn't help me at all. The phone contact on the Gearbuzz site goes to some third party customer service company that knows nothing about orders already placed, tracking, fulfillment, etc. When I asked them for a phone number to reach Gearbuzz directly, they gave me the same phone number I was already calling. Going around in circles.
Thanks for the warning. I've never heard of this site. Now I'll know not to deal with them in the future.

I decided against the deal because the coupons are only good for mid-week. I guess I was "lucky" that I'm saved from all the hassle...

powhunter

If your a Veteran..Dont have to be active duty..You can get a free beast express card at killington and ski for half price..It said to bring your Military ID...But I just brought my DD214 and my VA card and that was fine

Steveo

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Friends of Harpoon

Sunapee weekday $20 off, holidays, weekends, $10 off
Shawnee 2 for 1 Fridays
Okemo - weekday $20 off, weekend.non holiday $10 off
Nashoba night tix $25. Night rental, lift, lesson $60, tubing $20.

Must show your friends of Harpoon card. It can take a month or more to receive your friends card.
Yes, I have one.

http://www.friendofharpoon.com/

BenedictGomez

Havent posted this link since early December so here's a bump......

If you participate in the "Ski Ride Free" gas for free lift tickets program, I created a map that will work with the GPS on your smartphone to help you find participating gas stations when you're out and about in ski country.

Just open the below link on your smartphone and bookmark it, and you're good to go.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msi...ll=44.758436,-73.053589&spn=3.405096,8.453979