• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pic from a cold morning at Attitash

Edd

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358953576.744618.jpg

Yep, those are my skis. Just did 2 runs and came in because I can't feel my toes.

AdironRider

Been below zero here every morning for over three weeks now.

Hit my fastest speed ever on Sunday morning at 72. Immediately went in and called it a day as I couldnt feel my extremities anymore.

Skier4life

Shame cos I am stuck in the city in ridiculously extreme cold weather and all I can think of is gliding down a hill!!!

timm

haha I was thinking the same thing on my walk to the train from work last night. "Jesus it's cold...bet the mountains are nice and empty."

vcunning

About 15 years ago, similar temps at Sugarloaf. When you bought your pass, they gave your free hand warmers. They had lifties checking you for frostbite. 2 runs and we had to go in (to the widowmaker) to warm up.

Edd

How cold is it? I was at Jay last year in -17, and it was pretty brutal.

At the start it was -3 and the wind was kicking at the base. I bailed pretty quick. I swore off toe warmers years ago
but I'll have to rethink that if I do another day like this.

darent

those are some' tropical' temps, friend just got back from utah and those temps came from there. hope it mellos just abit in the coming weeks!!