• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Factory fire went unnoticed amid severe China smog

dmc

They'll figure it out...
I hope sooner that later...

ctenidae

FTFA: "More evidence of the source, experts said, is that the attacks started from the same university computers used by the Chinese military to attack United States military contractors in the past."

Once upon a time, that would have warranted a stabbing. Where's Ronnie Ray-Gun when you need him? I mean, an arm of a sovereign government attempting to cause harm to US national interests. That has got to be covered in some DoD manual, hasn't it? International politics is mind boggling at times.

In other news, the good thing about coal smog is that it's 100% organic. Nothing more to see here, move along.

legalskier

Once upon a time, that would have warranted a stabbing. Where's Ronnie Ray-Gun when you need him? I mean, an arm of a sovereign government attempting to cause harm to US national interests. That has got to be covered in some DoD manual, hasn't it? International politics is mind boggling at times.

I'm guessing that our security people know how to create sandboxes that help us learn a lot while the other side thinks they aren't being detected. Wouldn't be surprised if we dropped some malware into their systems too.
I suspect we aren't told about the vast amount of attacks- whether it's to cover a counter attack, or perhaps to protect some corporations stock rating. Here it was the NY Times, a news source that decided to expose it.

dmc

I'm guessing that our security people know how to create sandboxes that help us learn a lot while the other side thinks they aren't being detected. Wouldn't be surprised if we dropped some malware into their systems too.

yup - we aren't so innocent in this cyber war...
Creating sandboxes is a great tactic.. Identify the attack and reroute it to someplace else and observe it...