• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Things unique about a ski resort

jack97

Talking about this on ride back several weeks ago, things unique about a ski resort.

Ski Sundown. Open from 8/9 am to 10:00 pm. For daily ticket, they sell them in time blocks for; 8 hrs, 4 hrs & 2hrs.

Wachusetts. Once they hit max ticket sales for the day, they stop selling.

Crotched. Midnight madness. During mid season w/e, they stay open till 3:00 am.

Most (?) Peak Resort area, Sunapee & Okemo. No bags on caff tables nor chairs, They have storage cubes for bags and coolers. Sunappee will actually remove bags left on the table and bring them downstairs in a holding area.

Bretton Woods. Cold days, they pass out complimentary hit cider.

Cannon. Not sure about present policy but back then ducking rope was the norm. They figure if you did it, you know what you're doing.

Hawkshot99

Talking about this on ride back several weeks ago, things unique about a ski resort.

Ski Sundown. Open from 8/9 am to 10:00 pm. For daily ticket, they sell them in time blocks for; 8 hrs, 4 hrs & 2 hrs.

Most (?) Peak Resort area, Sunapee & Okemo. No bags on caff tables nor chairs, They have storage cubes for bags and coolers. Sunappee will actually remove bags left on the table and bring them downstairs in a holding area.

Bretton Woods. Cold days, they pass out complimentary hit cider.

I am sure other mtns have the same, but Jiminy Peak gives out cider every weekend and holiday.
Also they are open 7 days a week starting at 830 or 9 till 10. They sell tickets by 8hrs or 4 hrs starting when you hoard the lift the first time.

Stratton does the bag check as well.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

Conrad

Website
www.youtube.com
I think uniqueness is part of what makes skiing such an enjoyable sport. Every run is unique and every trail is unique.

BenedictGomez

Sugarbush & Killington usually do the same. 10-5 weekdays, 9-5 weekends. I think the clock change is the 10th this year but they won't change operating hours till sometime in April.

We should call this one, "common sense" uniqueness, which is sadly uncommon.

ScottySkis

Gore so quite, so so good, got to love good snow great fun here!!!!!!@@_@____ hopefully every is getting some today.!!!!!!!!!!!!!@!!@@@@_024 Snow snow snowy !@@:thumbup::):):cool::cool::cool::cool::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::):beer:;):cool::cool::cool:

BenedictGomez

Plattekill -minimal grooming (this year is a bit of an exception due to what I imagine is snowpack preservation efforts)