• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stressed and looking for good conditions. Where?

Trigger

I desperately need to bang out sick 2mrw for work. I need a day of great skiing with great conditions within 3 hours of Salem, NH. Last year Killington's lies on trail reports ruined the start of my season. I want nice snow coverage. Soooo....where should I go?

ScottySkis

After last week all the hills have great snow, just go before that changes. K was fun when I went several weeks ago. North Vermont been getting lots of snow.

tnt

really seems like a pick 'em up there right now. I'm jealous.

Cannonball

I desperately need to bang out sick 2mrw for work. I need a day of great skiing with great conditions within 3 hours of Salem, NH. Last year Killington's lies on trail reports ruined the start of my season. I want nice snow coverage. Soooo....where should I go?

Salem, NH is a great jumping-off point. Lots of good options, but if time (3 hrs) is the criteria then every mile North is worth a couple West. Some options:
- In 1:40 you'll be at Cannon for a 2-for-1 price ticket, some pretty decent conditions, and zero other people.
- In 2:30 you'll be at Burke for whatever they got going on
- In 3:20 you'll be 20 minutes over your criteria but you'll be at Jay Peak, where this is going on https://vimeo.com/madtrees

We may set your course, yet you must navigate...

Trigger

Thanks guys. Hmmmm...I was saving Jay Peak for a bus trip in Feb. Man that looks great though! Its either gonna be Jay Peak or MRG

Savemeasammy

I am also thinking if heading to N. VT, but on Friday. I will be curious to hear where you went and how it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Savemeasammy

My first born is a terror. I don't think anyone would buy him. Plus he is going to be a good skier...!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pcampbell

Thanks guys. Hmmmm...I was saving Jay Peak for a bus trip in Feb. Man that looks great though! Its either gonna be Jay Peak or MRG

dunno about Jay Peak but I've been skiing MRG all week last week before they opened and this week as well. It's not perfect but there's plenty of fun to be had. no lines either. 2" Tuesday night and 1" wednesday night made for a nice refresher.

Trigger

Ended up sleeping late. Went t o Sunapee. Man thekr snow was really good. The terrain is too easy but I had a great tims. Did almoat 20 ru s for 50 buckz.