• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown 1-23

planb420

A great day at Ski Sundown today, the sun was fully out and helped take the edge off in the cold. The conditions were MG PP and very firm, I was on the slopes from 10-1pm and everything rode great. I lapped every trail except papoose and Sunnyside, the bumps were great throughout my day with a nice coating on top (assuming man made again).

JDMRoma

Great TR, Nice job on the video and choice of music !
Yes you should be getting paid to do this…..looks like a good day !

Domeskier

Nice work. Looks like the bumps on Nor'easter are still just piles of snow with 10-15 feet of ice between them. However, the bumps on Exhibition appear to be forming well.

planb420

Thanks guys appreciate the input/love, funny thing is I have told them I'd do it for free and they have not bit yet. I made this one to mirror their "Daily Video" to kind of show them what it could be..... I shot it that morning and hit the lodge and edited it on my laptop in around an hour and was back out for more laps. I LOVE filming and editing and its something I have lost touch with and really want to get back into (which is a funny thing to say as a guy that works for ESPN, I just wanna get back to doing things I love). That being said if you see me at Sundown and wanna get something on video just ask.... :)

MadMadWorld

Thanks guys appreciate the input/love, funny thing is I have told them I'd do it for free and they have not bit yet. I made this one to mirror their "Daily Video" to kind of show them what it could be..... I shot it that morning and hit the lodge and edited it on my laptop in around an hour and was back out for more laps. I LOVE filming and editing and its something I have lost touch with and really want to get back into (which is a funny thing to say as a guy that works for ESPN, I just wanna get back to doing things I love). That being said if you see me at Sundown and wanna get something on video just ask.... :)

They should give you the job. Your videos are a million times better. You do a good job getting a lot of different angles and edit them together really well.

planb420

They should give you the job. Your videos are a million times better. You do a good job getting a lot of different angles and edit them together really well.

Helps that I am actually a "Video Professional" (fancy degree and all), but I agree their videos dont make me wanna jump off the couch and go. I think they need more angles, more patrons in the shots and sometimes the music selection need work. I do applaud them for their efforts however as this is not an easy undertaking each day...HOPEFULLY someday they will take me up on my offer, or at least let me school them in shot composition and how to tell a story through an edit.... :) (basics I had to pay for...yet they dont want free of charge LOL, I just wanna help them stand out as the best in CT)
(feel free to share your opinions with them :stirpot:)

MadMadWorld

Helps that I am actually a "Video Professional" (fancy degree and all), but I agree their videos dont make me wanna jump off the couch and go. I think they need more angles, more patrons in the shots and sometimes the music selection need work. I do applaud them for their efforts however as this is not an easy undertaking each day...HOPEFULLY someday they will take me up on my offer, or at least let me school them in shot composition and how to tell a story through an edit.... :) (basics I had to pay for...yet they dont want free of charge LOL, I just wanna help them stand out as the best in CT)
(feel free to share your opinions with them :stirpot:)

Let me know who to contact and I will be happy to. You hit the nail on the head. I'm surprised they wouldn't take you up on such a nice gesture.

POV videos get pretty boring without good tunes, different shots/angles, and good editing.

planb420

Jarrodski and Chris Sullivan are 2 that I know might have some clout in that department... ;)

Last edited: