• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

And the last to make snow is...

slatham

Magic, also March 5th. Not testing = true base building snowmaking! YES, MAGIC. Skied Saturday and it was awesome. If storm happens it will be all time.

yeggous

Wildcat was blowing on Polecat on March 7. Guns are still out so they're probably going to try to put down enough base there to keep things going into April.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

boston_e

I didn't see it, but Pico was saying snowmaking on lower Pike in Sundays report.

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
An historic note: In 2006, Bretton Woods was last to close in the east. They had scheduled a "Bode Miller Weekend" for the last weekend in April and when the temps did get low enough, they made snow ca. April 22.

spiderpig

I didn't see it, but Pico was saying snowmaking on lower Pike in Sundays report.

I can confirm that a weird-looking yellow (fan?) gun was blowing at the base of Golden Express before lifts opened on Sunday morning, Match 9. The same type of gun next to Snowdon Quad at Mouse Trap at K sounded like its motor was running on Saturday.

Vortex

I was there the April day at BW. Sunday River has the hoses Pulled out on White heat, Amex XTC and Rocking Chair. Guns still set up in the park too. I would expect another burst or two.

MadMadWorld

Glad to see mountains are still making snow but at this point it seems like more of a PR stunt for social media

skiur

I can confirm that a weird-looking yellow (fan?) gun was blowing at the base of Golden Express before lifts opened on Sunday morning, Match 9. The same type of gun next to Snowdon Quad at Mouse Trap at K sounded like its motor was running on Saturday.

the fan gun on mousetrap's motor has been running for 2 weeks now, but it is doing nothing, K is done making snow, not so beastly!