• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay....But When?

MICO

Planning 2 days at Jay anytime from this coming weekend to the following Friday [ April 12--18 ] Forecast really warm for weekend, then a cool-down during the week, with lows in 20s and highs above freezing. Extended forecast has me thinking Tuesday/Wednesday may be best bet. Chasing snow cuz some time off work, but haven't skied Jay in years. Wifey is coming, she's an intermediate and likes EASIER tree runs (which Jay has a few of I believe). Advice on this?

Planning 2 days at Jay anytime from this coming weekend to the following Friday [ April 12--18 ] Forecast really warm for weekend, then a cool-down during the week, with lows in 20s and highs above freezing. Extended forecast has me thinking Tuesday/Wednesday may be best bet. Chasing snow cuz some time off work, but haven't skied Jay in years. Wifey is coming, she's an intermediate and likes EASIER tree runs (which Jay has a few of I believe). Advice on this?

Time is fleeting. Watch the forecast, err on the side of warmth and no rain. The wife won't like bulletproof trees.

Saturday looks good, IMHO.

Edit: and there is always the waterpark.

BenedictGomez

I'm booked for n.VT for the 12th - 18th, but like SBR said, conditions can vary greatly day-by-day this time of year, from "this is awesome" to "I'm not skiing today".

So my plan is to play it by ear and ski 4 of those 7 above days, my advice to you would be to employ a similar strategy.

As for Jay's "EASIER" tree runs, the easiest real glade* on the map is Bushwacker, which is great fun even for advanced skiers.

*Yes, I know about "Full Moon", "Half Moon" and "Quarter Moon", but these are really ski trails through the woods and not really glades