• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Paying extra $$ for all day VIP lift access?

gmcunni

At stratton I saw a few lifts had "Bear Tracks" (or something like that) access lanes. I think they have a club house there, and I assume those lanes are for members of the club.

apparently so -

Speed Bear Program
• This program allows Club members that have selected this dues
option direct lift-line access at the primary Stratton Mountain lifts
as stated in the Speed Bear Contract. One Speed Bear Pass
admits only one person. Additional people require multiple
Speed Bear passes. We ask our members to be courteous to
other Stratton skiers when using this privilege.

SkiBud

I do think demand pricing for holiday weeks makes sense. Though, you already see that somewhat through how Sunday River prices ski and stay vacations; prices vary week by week and can differ any given week between midweek and weekend. It essentially keeps the slopes open and enjoyable for those who want to pay. Same thing happens at Liftopia. Some ski resorts don't welcome groups during holiday periods as well according to ski bus group managers I've talked with. Bus group pricing goes up that much at Mt Snow in particular that bus groups would have to raise their tix prices by $20; its not more than a few bucks at most resorts which most will eat themselves.

Sunday River also sells a Sliver pass that isn't valid on peek days, which helps greatly with the crowds.

For all of you concerned about lines, come to Sunday River, even on the busiest of days most lines are less than 5 minutes, and you can always find a mountain with no lift lines or less than a minute. :wink:

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
I'm sure you are aware that many ski instructors have weekly clients who hire them for the entire day for the soul purpose of jumping the lift line. It's these instructors who should be complaining most about this :)

drjeff

Why not?? And if you've been to essentially any amusement park the last few years, you know that they've been doing the same thing, and lots of people are partaking in it

BenedictGomez

Will Killington actually enforce it properly is the question?

I say that given the rampant abuse that occurs via selfish and rude people (usually teens to 25 year olds) in the "singles" line at most mountains.

skiur

I do not like the idea, and it is only for season pass holders so someone coming up and paying $92.00 at the window does not even have the option. There is a poll about it on kzone and it has 49 people against it vs only 2 people for it. Wont really affect me as I stay the hell away from those lifts on a peak day but I still dont like it.

dlague

This is a lesson on how to make a season pass cost more by adding options. I think if you are a season pass holder and did not have a problem with season pass prices then for the pass holder it is a not brainer I never ski there enough to warrant a season pass therefore not an option, but as a lift ticket holder that sucks big time.

I like the way they put it
does not provide line cutting privileges
OK then what is it? A separate lift line that gets to people on the lift faster without getting in front of those in the other lift line!

drjeff

This is a lesson on how to make a season pass cost more by adding options. I think if you are a season pass holder and did not have a problem with season pass prices then for the pass holder it is a not brainer I never ski there enough to warrant a season pass therefore not an option, but as a lift ticket holder that sucks big time.

I like the way they put it OK then what is it? A separate lift line that gets to people on the lift faster without getting in front of those in the other lift line!

It's probably just like they do at say Universal Studios theme parks or at Six Flags. For a fee, above and beyond the usual fee, you get access to a separate line which they then manage along with the regular queue line. In a ski situation, I could see them taking say 2 or 3 groups out of that premium queue lane for every 1 they take out of the regular queue lanes to speed up the process. You end up not going right to the front, but that queue lane between having less people using it and more groups being called out from it moves quicker.

For example at 6 Flags, they have a 3 tier what they call a "flash pass" system where the cheapest pass level, once you electronically log into a rides flashpass queue always you to enter the regular ride queue lane essentually just before you would load the ride, at a time that it equivalent to what the usual queue lane wait it (so that you can go on other rides instead of waiting for the one you flash pass reserved) - their middle level flashpass, which costs about twice what the basic flash pass costs, lets you cut the wait time by 50%, and the premium flashpass, which costs about 4 times what the basic pass costs, reduces your wait time by 90%

BenedictGomez

It's probably just like they do at say Universal Studios theme parks or at Six Flags. For a fee, above and beyond the usual fee, you get access to a separate line which they then manage along with the regular queue line.

Exactly.

But as I said, conceptually, it doesnt sound much different than your garden-variety 'singles line' in function and practice.

Sooooooooo......... will it be enforced (unlike a singles line)?