• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Demo Days

dlague

Now that ski season is well under way, gear demos will be on the horizon. I thought this might be a good place to talk about demos and up coming demo days that others are aware of. There happens to be one at Cannon this Sunday. I also included K2's schedule as well. I have only ever demoed skis one time two years ago. I hope to demo more this year. How many of you demo skis every year?

Cannon - Demo Day w/ Franconia Sports Shop - December 14

http://k2skis.com/k2wantsyou/events-demos

4aprice

Camelback has a demo day every year and I usually test out several pairs. That's how I found out how much I liked the Volkl RTM 84's, which I just purchased a pair of this fall. Now I'm looking for a pair of skis with a fatter waist for soft snow spring skiing. Don't know if I'll see any of those at demo day.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

deadheadskier

Staff member
Only demo I've done in recent years was a set of Gotamas during Nemo. Don't have much interest in demoing anything except maybe a race stock SL ski. I'm curious to what the technology is like with such a ski these days.

dlague

My wife isn't getting my interest in demo days when I have two new pair of planks! Told her the point was to try stuff that we currently do not ski on!

Puck it

My wife isn't getting my interest in demo days when I have two new pair of planks! Told her the point was to try stuff that we currently do not ski on!
If BSL is 317mm then you can demo anything I have in my truck at the time.

Smellytele

I never demo gear any more. When I have to pay money to ski I hate wasting time filling out release forms and having to stand in line to get a pair of skis and having them adjusted. Also rarely is there a tele demo day.

drjeff

I'll demo pretty much every December when Mount Snow has their demo day which is December 20th this year. Always fun to try new stuff! Plus, I usually ski a few days a year with a few friends of mine who own one of the ski shops up at Mount Snow, and those often turn into a demo day (or more like a "you NEED to try this ski so I brought it with me from the shop with demo bindings on it" day ;) )

It's always fun to try and see who's making what ski wise in my book - lots of good stuff out there these days!!

KevinF

Only demo I've done in recent years was a set of Gotamas during Nemo. Don't have much interest in demoing anything except maybe a race stock SL ski. I'm curious to what the technology is like with such a ski these days.

Good luck finding any place that demos race-stock SL skis without having connections to a race team. I'm amazed when I see one on the wall at a shop.

57stevey

Demos are available at Mt. Sunapee this Sat 13th & Sun 14th ($35 Sunday with 5 non-perishables for the food drive)

Hawkshot99

Good luck finding any place that demos race-stock SL skis without having connections to a race team. I'm amazed when I see one on the wall at a shop.

You will not find the FIS race skis in a demo, but nearly every rep has the "cheater" sl and gs skis in their trucks. That is all that most people will ever need anyway.

Scruffy

Maybe I just need to mug a racer.

I see Fischer Race Code SL skis on Ebay all the time in the $400 - $500 range.

Something like this is what I want to try out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Fische...e-/141485676488?pt=Skiing&hash=item20f13417c8

I believe those are what's called "citizen" race level. Good for most racers even at the Masters level. I have some of those same skis, but not 2013, maybe 2011- Fischer RC4 WC SL 165cm Slalom

Do you really want race stock?

deadheadskier

Staff member
Yup. Would like to try what the pros ski. Might love it, might hate it; still want to check such skis out.