• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt. Eustis is opening

VTKilarney

The NELSAP website just got a little smaller. Mt. Eustis in Littleton, NH is opening this weekend. A day pass is only $5. The only bummer is that the rope tow this year will only go part way up the hill. Next year it will go up the entire hill.

A lot of hard work and dedication went into getting the hill open after 30 years of dormancy. It was a three year effort. One of the hardest working people is David Harkless, the owner of the Littleton Bike Shop and Rollickers Bikes and Boards in St. Johnsbury. Even if you don't ski at Mt. Eustis, please try to support these stores because David has given a ton back to the local community. He is a genuine class act. Ron and Herb Lahout were also involved, along with several other people.

Here is their website: http://mteustis.org/

One another note, it appears that Mt. Prospect in Lancaster, NH did not open this year? Is that really true?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Such good news. I saw one of the guys on a flight with a Mount Eustis hat and gave him a lot of praise.

Don't forget about the Lyndon Outing Club. My home hill.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

River19

That is a fantastic story......

Trailboss......Lyndon Outing Club......we are literally 1 min from there....

rueler

The NELSAP website just got a little smaller. Mt. Eustis in Littleton, NH is opening this weekend. A day pass is only $5. The only bummer is that the rope tow this year will only go part way up the hill. Next year it will go up the entire hill.

A lot of hard work and dedication went into getting the hill open after 30 years of dormancy. It was a three year effort. One of the hardest working people is David Harkless, the owner of the Littleton Bike Shop and Rollickers Bikes and Boards in St. Johnsbury. Even if you don't ski at Mt. Eustis, please try to support these stores because David has given a ton back to the local community. He is a genuine class act. Ron and Herb Lahout were also involved, along with several other people.

Here is their website: http://mteustis.org/

One another note, it appears that Mt. Prospect in Lancaster, NH did not open this year? Is that really true?

Kilarney, I am pretty sure that Prospect has opened for skiing this year. When my wife and I headed back towards Burke from Bretton Woods during the holiday break, we stopped at Prospect and checked it out. Since that time, I have followed them on Facebook. They did post something about opening a couple of weeks back.

rueler

Checked FB quickly. They have all intentions of being open at Prospect. Unfortunately, their rope tow motor is down for the count. They are still hosting their Valentine's Day race at Prospect this weekend…Racers will just have to hoof it to the top of the course.

SmallSkiAreas.com

Mt. Prospect opened briefly after temporarily resolving their insurance problem. It is a state owned, club operated ski area. The state has a long list of requirements that is making it increasingly difficult for them to operate. It is a fantastic small ski area that skis bigger than one would think.

Mt. Prospect, Mt. Eustis, and Red Hill all suffered lift failures in the past week.

New Hampshire Rope Tow Struggles - NewEnglandSkiIndustry.com News

thetrailboss

Staff member
That is a fantastic story......

Trailboss......Lyndon Outing Club......we are literally 1 min from there....

Have you ever skied there? In a good snow year the skiing is decent.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

thetrailboss

Staff member
So I was fortunate enough to ski here yesterday. What a nice place. The slope has perfect pitch and great views. Nice folks. Come visit!

C-Rex

Always great to hear things like this. Give me hope for our sports. I really want to move to VT, NH, or ME so I can be more part of things like this.