• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where to Ski?

therobertcollins

Dates have not been decided yet. Probably midweek Sometime Feb.23-Mar.3 (Vermont winter break). There will be 4 people. 3 youth and 1 adult, all who are advanced/expert skiers. I was thinking MRG, Pico, Magic or Bolton Valley. I would also be open to any other fairly low priced suggestions. If anyone could help, that would be great

steamboat1

Sounds like you already have it pretty well covered. If conditions remain as good as they are now in VT. the only thing I'd add is to lean more towards MRG. Since you listed it first I think you already are.

gmcunni

careful with Magic, not open mid-week unless there is a powder day. I don't think Pico open's mid-week, regardless of poweder day.

ScottySkis

Mad got a foot of snow last night Sugarbush half foot wonder why different amount s mountain enhanced snow?

steamboat1

Oh, Ok. Thanks for that.
On Thursdays they also offer 1/2 price beer in the bar. They call it Thirsty Thursdays. Think I was paying $3 for pints of Long Trail on tap the other day.

Pico also offers lift tickets for only $26 on Monday for those over 50 years old. Thursday is ladies day with $26 lift tickets & Friday is guys day with $26 lift tickets. Rentals & lessons are also offered for only $26 to those eligible on those days.

Last edited:

gmcunni

i could be skiing Pico for $40 today... instead i'm sitting on my couch in CT watching the snow fall... FML

therobertcollins

On Thursdays they also offer 1/2 price beer in the bar. They call it Thirsty Thursdays. Think I was paying $3 for pints of Long Trail on tap the other day.

Pico also offers lift tickets for only $26 on Monday for those over 50 years old. Thursday is ladies day with $26 lift tickets & Friday is guys day with $26 lift tickets. Rentals & lessons are also offered for only $26 to those eligible on those days.

Is Pico a pretty good mountain for woods and other advanced/expert trails?

steamboat1

i could be skiing Pico for $40 today... instead i'm sitting on my couch in CT watching the snow fall... FML
Lol, you really don't want to hear how good the skiing was there this past Thurs. Snowed Tues. & then again Wed. night, lite fluffy pow. There was over a foot of it untouched Thurs. morning since they're closed Tues & Wed.

boston_e

Is Pico a pretty good mountain for woods and other advanced/expert trails?

Lots of great trees and natural advanced terrain at Pico. If you did Pico, you could grab a day at Killington too.... Worthwhile if you did it midweek.

4aprice

Vermont is off the wall right now. It is incredible how good it is up there. You really can't go wrong anywhere. Pick a destination and go. Pico was beautiful today and it was really starting to come down when we left .

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

BenedictGomez

Vermont is off the wall right now. It is incredible how good it is up there. You really can't go wrong anywhere.

Got back tonight from Vermont. Smuggs on Friday, Jay Peak yesterday, both were awesome. Woods at Jay are absolutely choked with snow.