• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Well this sucks...

C-Rex

I just got a call from my travel agent. We had a trip to Red Mountain in BC planned for the 17th to the 24th, but they have no snow. The only terrain that's open is greens and blues. However, Red was kind enough to call my agent and offer either a discount if we decide to go anyway, or a raincheck/full refund. We'll take a hit on the airfare but I'd rather lose a couple hundred bucks than spend $1500 to go and have it suck.

So now we're trying to see if we can get a deal to Jackson, UT or CO. It's going to be hard to find flights last minute but that would be our first choice. If we can't do that, we'll probably just use the money to stay in northern VT and hit Jay, Stowe, Bolton Valley, and Sugarbush.

As much as it sucks, I'm really impressed with Red Mountain. They care enough about their brand to want to ensure we have a good experience. How many resorts would take the initiative like they did? Very few.

We also had 2 days of cat-skiing booked so we'll be taking a rain check on that. I just hope next year is better for them.

Savemeasammy

That is good of them.

If ever there is a year to stick close to home it's this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Puck it

I was suppose to be out in Sun Valley this weekend. I opted to bail based on their conditions also. Mt Baker has shutdown its operations until they get more snow. The PNW is hurting.

C-Rex

I'm thinking a week+ in Northern VT and NH would be pretty sweet, but if I can get to Jackson I'm not passing that up.

C-Rex

How is Europe doing?

I'd like to keep the pricing around what I've already spent. Good thing about staying in New England is I can probably afford to extend my vacation a few days. I'd love to hit Jay, Stowe, Sugarbush, Bolton Valley, Cannon, and Burke all in one trip. Maybe throw in Wildcat for good measure.

Puck it

So, I am currently in UT - "Greatest Snow on Earth" as their license plates say. Bad timing. I hope some of the snow can last until Friday.

attachment.php
Looks awesome. Sun Valley was not much better when I bagged that.

steamboat1

You could always stick to your plans for a Canadien trip. Exchange rates are favorable right now. Quebec City has several good ski areas (Mount Ste Anne, Le Masif, Stoneham) or if you don't want to drive that far you could hit the Eastern Township areas & still be within reach of Jay & others. It's always nice to experience new areas & they have the same good conditions (or better) that you'll find in New England now. Since your group was already planning a Canadien trip having a passport shouldn't be a problem for anyone. Your dollar will stretch even further north of the border. Personally I'd be more inclined to make the trek up to Quebec City.

Edd

You could always stick to your plans for a Canadien trip. Exchange rates are favorable right now. Quebec City has several good ski areas (Mount Ste Anne, Le Masif, Stoneham) or if you don't want to drive that far you could hit the Eastern Township areas & still be within reach of Jay & others. It's always nice to experience new areas & they have the same good conditions (or better) that you'll find in New England now. Since your group was already planning a Canadien trip having a passport shouldn't be a problem for anyone. Your dollar will stretch even further north of the border. Personally I'd be more inclined to make the trek up to Quebec City.

Agreed. I was thinking of doing that myself in early April but I consider that most seasons and haven't dragged my ass there yet.

bootladder

I was suppose to be out in Sun Valley this weekend. I opted to bail based on their conditions also. Mt Baker has shutdown its operations until they get more snow. The PNW is hurting.

Bot Solitude and Powder Mt. (should temporarily rename Powder - Groomers 'n Crud) had snow, but day temps were well north of freezing. Spring snow. The guide we had at Powder said it was the worst day he has had there in 7 years. 7000 acres, about 6995 currently ski-able.

Puck it

Bot Solitude and Powder Mt. (should temporarily rename Powder - Groomers 'n Crud) had snow, but day temps were well north of freezing. Spring snow. The guide we had at Powder said it was the worst day he has had there in 7 years. 7000 acres, about 6995 currently ski-able.
PCMR stats
0″ 12 Hour Snowfall 0″ 24 Hour Snowfall
0″ 48 Hour Snowfall
0″ 72 Hour Snowfall
137″ Year to Date Snowfall
61″ Base Snowfall

Cannon
Snow to date this season: 163 inchesBase Depth: 24 - 48 inches