• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What the heck is going on at Magic?

MMP

Is the lodge really not heated?

Ha. I love this place and I haven't even been yet!

It's a great place to ski. If you have base layers on you can be warm. My bride is not a skier and we do not get to enjoy her company in the lodge too often, because it's too cool. High 50's low 60's tops.

MMP

there is also a Swiss flag flying at just about the top of the pole (honoring founding Nazi Hans Thorner). there is also a brand new in plastic US flag I'm told. Pretty fancy place.

yeggous

there is also a Swiss flag flying at just about the top of the pole (honoring founding Nazi Hans Thorner). there is also a brand new in plastic US flag I'm told. Pretty fancy place.

I was really hoping that this was going to be the big announcement. It would have gotten me more excited.

I am dumbfounded that they could try to promote the roof repair as a big announcement. It makes me feel better to know that no matter how much things may go wrong where I ski, at least it is not Magic.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

MMP

I was really hoping that this was going to be the big announcement. It would have gotten me more excited.

I am dumbfounded that they could try to promote the roof repair as a big announcement. It makes me feel better to know that no matter how much things may go wrong where I ski, at least it is not Magic.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

your (or as magic would say: "you're") logic is flawed. The skiing is amazing, the people are amazing. We have done everything we can to "save magic" and now a lot of us hope for the best, expect the worst, pray for snow, and no matter what, have a better time than anyone else anywhere on skis.

My deal is that i laugh to keep my anger at bay. The flags have me pretty pissed though. Mud season is almost over, time to allocate some resources to this project.

tnt1234

Hope to be there for at least a day over x-mas break. If coverage is poor, I'll take the kids to the big, crowded, grooming factories - or maybe Bromley... But we're staying close to magic, so no matter what, I'll be able to check the lodge's patched roof out!

I really love these kind of places, with quirky character and a 'shut up and ski' attitude, so here's hoping for snow. Kids are really into tree skiing now too, but I think that will be a pipe dream at this point.

Magic

I am not digging the condescending attitude from the marketing guy with these "surprise" announcements and curt responses to posters (Matt Lillard). If I was a non Magic skier and read that crap about the roof. I would run the other way!

JamaicaMan

Hope to be there for at least a day over x-mas break. If coverage is poor, I'll take the kids to the big, crowded, grooming factories - or maybe Bromley... But we're staying close to magic, so no matter what, I'll be able to check the lodge's patched roof out!

I really love these kind of places, with quirky character and a 'shut up and ski' attitude, so here's hoping for snow. Kids are really into tree skiing now too, but I think that will be a pipe dream at this point.

NIIIIICE! I can tell you're going to like it here

RustyGroomer

None of us are loved enough to have other plans for Christmas break so we'll be there. Say hello.

yeggous

None of us are loved enough to have other plans for Christmas break so we'll be there. Say hello.

I'll be there the last weekend in January. If conditions are decent I am happy to ski there. Otherwise I'll flee somewhere else local. I look forward to the full tour.

RustyGroomer

I'll be there the last weekend in January. If conditions are decent I am happy to ski there. Otherwise I'll flee somewhere else local. I look forward to the full tour.

None of us are loved enough to have other plans for January so we'll be there. Say hello.

wtcobb

This just in:

Work continues on the chairlifts. The beloved Red Chair is just about ready to go. Over on the Black Chair we've just finished regripping every chair and are moving on to line work. Our plan is to have both spinning this year.
On a side note, the base lodge will have public WiFi this year!

farlep99

What's next, paper towels in the men's room and a divider between the sink & urinal??

wtcobb

Free Wifi in the base lodge. Great place to get infected by a virus :grin:

I guess now we know how they patched the roof?

Linksys_WRT54G.jpg