• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What the heck is going on at Magic?

rocks860

They said they think I did something to the labrum which caused it to pop out when I twist my arm but they want to wait a couple weeks to see if it heals on its own and not waste money on an mri now. So I have another appointment on the 18th to see how it feels.

Tin

They said they think I did something to the labrum which caused it to pop out when I twist my arm but they want to wait a couple weeks to see if it heals on its own and not waste money on an mri now. So I have another appointment on the 18th to see how it feels.

Hopefully it heals up for you. I'm three months out from my dislocation and sprain and I doubt I will ever be able to sleep on my left side again. Shoulders and knees suck!

rocks860

Hopefully it heals up for you. I'm three months out from my dislocation and sprain and I doubt I will ever be able to sleep on my left side again. Shoulders and knees suck!

Yeah I hope so. Sleeping has been rough. What exactly happened when you did it? When I fell it wasn't dislocated but I was moving my arm around when I was riding up on the lift and when I twisted my arm inwards when it was straight out in front of me it would pop out and then back in when I turned it back the other way.

prsboogie

On your follow up beghim for a cortisone shot and get back out there . I have a glenolabrial tear and a 12mm bone spur in the AC joint on my right side. Couldn't reach across my body to grab the seatbelt and the shot helped a ton with pain. Didn't to shit for the should issues but I can sleep and pole push without much more than an ache. Not a permanent fix but I'm too young for should surgery when I can mostly function with pain controlled but injections. I'm about 7 months out and its just starting to ache again.

rocks860

I saw the PA yesterday, he spent 5 minutes looking at my shoulder then we spent 20 talking about skiing and beer. Turns out he's from Montpelier

Tin

Yeah I hope so. Sleeping has been rough. What exactly happened when you did it? When I fell it wasn't dislocated but I was moving my arm around when I was riding up on the lift and when I twisted my arm inwards when it was straight out in front of me it would pop out and then back in when I turned it back the other way.

I tripped in hockey going for a lose puck and I landed with my arm under my chest. Some pretty brutal pain. Two shots of morphine and two oxys in the ER within an hour and I wouldn't let the doc touch me it was so bad. I feel your pain. Seems like one of those injuries where the worse it is the better in terms of long term prognosis. Would rather break my ankle or shoulder than sprain them.

For sleep a wedge/pillow behind my shoulder really helped, as did the recliner.

rocks860

I tripped in hockey going for a lose puck and I landed with my arm under my chest. Some pretty brutal pain. Two shots of morphine and two oxys in the ER within an hour and I wouldn't let the doc touch me it was so bad. I feel your pain. Seems like one of those injuries where the worse it is the better in terms of long term prognosis. Would rather break my ankle or shoulder than sprain them.

For sleep a wedge/pillow behind my shoulder really helped, as did the recliner.

Ah yeah I skied another run after I did it and another 2 days after that so it doesn't sound anywhere near as severe

ironhippy

Would rather break my ankle or shoulder than sprain them.

I was sidelined for 5 years with a still undiagnosed soft tissue problem. My buddy shattered his leg bone skiing in February and was competing in mountain bike racing that summer.

The Sneak

AC joint injuries suck! I went shoulder first into the side of a surprise Pontiac Grand Prix while bicycling years ago and the resulting
grade 2 AC separation hurt for a long time and took forever to heal. Even today there's a funny bump there.

Get well soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WoodCore

Back to the topic at hand............. Any updates on the Black Chair. Not that it's needed for crowd control, but heard somewhere if it's not certified this year it might go the way of the dodo bird.

lotsarocks

It was getting much love on Sat/sun. My guess is we will see it run and get certified this season. Stakes are too high for it to not happen this season.

rocks860

I was sidelined for 5 years with a still undiagnosed soft tissue problem. My buddy shattered his leg bone skiing in February and was competing in mountain bike racing that summer.

I broke my leg clean through at the shin (tibia and fibula) when I was in high school. Did it it April, was skiing again in December. Ah the good old days.

lotsarocks

It would be so nice to see black turning this month with a few big heaping dumps of natural snow to reward them for all their hard work and efforts. It has to turn for the better at some point.

BlueTrails

Back to the topic at hand............. Any updates on the Black Chair. Not that it's needed for crowd control, but heard somewhere if it's not certified this year it might go the way of the dodo bird.

This year is the last chance for Black per the State. If not certified this year, it is scrap....all of it.