• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Waterville Valley 2/27/16

MG Skier

Good Evening, First Trip Report, here it goes.

Conditions FIRM, however there was some lose stuff on most trails making it an enjoyable day.

Some bare spots/rocks on the steeps off the Triple. But they were certainly skiable, even True Grit. Lower mountain was quite nice and it was some fun skiing at the intermediate level. Things were firm and fast on the World Cup Tripple side.

All in all I was impressed with what the groomers were able to do after the crazy weather this last week.

I struggled to figure how far I was going to travel for a day trip from MA., the BOGO helped me decide and it was an easy drive to and fro today. It was a nice break for my ski partner who only skis Blue Hills, and for me who is way behind in my 20 day goal. Mother nature, don't forget about the North East, Please!

Cheers!

elks

They need to blow some snow if they want to stay open much longer. Yesterday was down to the boilerplate in many places. Some rocks and dirt poking through. And lots of water at the base where the temperatures reached 55F. We had fun, but conditions were April conditions minus the bumps.

dlague

They need to blow some snow if they want to stay open much longer. Yesterday was down to the boilerplate in many places. Some rocks and dirt poking through. And lots of water at the base where the temperatures reached 55F. We had fun, but conditions were April conditions minus the bumps.

Rocks and dirt are like cancer to snow! it attracts heat and the melt spreads quickly from there. With the lack of base everywhere there isn't much room for warm temps.