• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

This might be an interesting read, Ski Inc.

Jully

That does look very interesting! Will it only be available locally? I can't quite tell from the article but a quick google/amazon search doesn't bring anything up.

cdskier

Looks very interesting. I loved the book on Killington from a number of years ago.

Edit...the bookstore I tried to order from said they couldn't get it from any of their distributors but they gave me the link to the publisher's website (https://skidiamondconsulting.com/). There's a link right on that page that goes to a bookstore in CO that has over 400 copies in stock.

Last edited:

mlctvt

Anybody know what the loop on the bottom was for?

I think that just helped guide it and stabilize it when in the docking stations on either end. There were only two cars. Mount Snow was searching for them a few years ago. I never heard if they were ever found.

mbedle

I think that just helped guide it and stabilize it when in the docking stations on either end. There were only two cars. Mount Snow was searching for them a few years ago. I never heard if they were ever found.

That is correct.ms78.jpg

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
So back on-topic: this should be a phenomenal book, and I look greatly forward to it. Chris Diamond was right in the thick of the explosion of the New England ski industry, with Killington LTD, S.K.I. LTD, and ASC. He worked with a lot of the same guys my dad worked with/for in the heyday of the big K: Pres Smith, Hank Lunde, Foster Chandler, Dave Wilcox, et. al. In '99, Chris took the reins at a substantial player in the Rocky Mountain ski industry: Steamboat. Chris has been around the block, knows the business, has stories to tell, and is a genuinely good guy. I had the distinct honor of sharing the 2014-15 CSCUSA Double Diamonds Award stage with him, when he won the Chairman's Award. I'm definitely excited to read his work.

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

cdskier

Definitely looking forward to reading it. The bookstore in CO confirmed my copy is shipping out on Monday.

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Just wanted to confirm for everyone that this is an excellent read. If you've ever wondered what really went on with the rise & fall of ASC, or to learn more about the crazy characters that make this industry go, you'll love it. Some neat vintage pictures in the center as well. 5/5 star review from me.

Savemeasammy

How does a mogul skier win an award for grooming? 😀

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

drjeff

I was told by my wife this weekend when we stopped at Bartleby's Books in Wilmington, VT to get the kids something to read on the ride home (amazingly enough my almost 13 and almost 11yr olds actually prefer to read an actual book than play games on their iPads on the ride to/from CT to VT!!!!) that I wasn't allowed to buy Ski, Inc as there *might* be a signed copy wrapped under our Christmas tree already :)

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

cdskier

I got my copy in the mail a week or so ago and plan on reading it while I'm home next week.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

So back on-topic: this should be a phenomenal book, and I look greatly forward to it. Chris Diamond was right in the thick of the explosion of the New England ski industry, with Killington LTD, S.K.I. LTD, and ASC. He worked with a lot of the same guys my dad worked with/for in the heyday of the big K: Pres Smith, Hank Lunde, Foster Chandler, Dave Wilcox, et. al. In '99, Chris took the reins at a substantial player in the Rocky Mountain ski industry: Steamboat. Chris has been around the block, knows the business, has stories to tell, and is a genuinely good guy. I had the distinct honor of sharing the 2014-15 CSCUSA Double Diamonds Award stage with him, when he won the Chairman's Award. I'm definitely excited to read his work.

View attachment 21124

View attachment 21125

Congrats Pat!