• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Other areas near Tremblant?

tnt1234

Heading north next weekend. If Wednesday storm screws up N. VT but not Tremblant, we might divert there.

Any one familiar with the other mountains you pass on your way to Tremblant from Montreal? Any of them worth a half day on the way home?

Thanks.

tnt1234

That place looks cool - not too far out of the way....

skinavy

As the map shows. you pass a whole gaggle along the highway between VT and Tremblant- Mont Blanc stands out in my head, you see it within minutes of Tremblant. I didn't ski it but folks we met at Tremblant said it was a lot of fun.

Edd

I know nothing about the ski areas but, eyeballing them from the highway last month, there were several that looked pretty good.

Warp Daddy

Fwiw Blanc is. The second greatest vert in the province , approx 1000 perhaps a bit more , right off the. Main hghy at St Faustin / Lac Carre exit approx one exit south of St Jovite where you get off to go to Tremblant , so VERY close

tnt1234

Thanks everyone - hopefully it won't come to it and we'll be at Jay/Stowe/MRG, but if not, this is all good info.

Zermatt

Low pressure will pass north of Tremblant. They will not escape the rain, maybe just get less.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

jaytrem

Below is the website for the province's ski area association. It has a lot of good info on the smaller places (open times/dates, snow reports). They used to have a great map that helped me plan my Quebec City-Saguenay trip. Unfortunately they seem to have removed it for some reason. Anyway, still has useful snow reports can tell you what areas are close to others. Hope you have a great trip, I also need to get out that way one of these years.

https://maneige.ski/en/

Breakout12

Fwiw Blanc is. The second greatest vert in the province , approx 1000 perhaps a bit more , right off the. Main hghy at St Faustin / Lac Carre exit approx one exit south of St Jovite where you get off to go to Tremblant , so VERY close

No offense, I’m just being pedantic here, but Blanc is not the second-highest vertical in the province, not even close. The map I linked lists it as 1000ft, but I’ve seen it listed as low as ~700ft. There are probably a dozen taller, including Le Massif, Mont Sainte Anne, Tremblant, Sutton, Owl’s Head, Stoneham, Massif du Sud, Mont Ste. Marie, Garceau. Maybe second greatest in the Tremblant area.

tnt1234

Low pressure will pass north of Tremblant. They will not escape the rain, maybe just get less.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Hope you are wrong on that, but it's not looking good.

Warp Daddy

No offense, I’m just being pedantic here, but Blanc is not the second-highest vertical in the province, not even close. The map I linked lists it as 1000ft, but I’ve seen it listed as low as ~700ft. There are probably a dozen taller, including Le Massif, Mont Sainte Anne, Tremblant, Sutton, Owl’s Head, Stoneham, Massif du Sud, Mont Ste. Marie, Garceau. Maybe second greatest in the Tremblant area.

correct second greatest in the ImmediateTremblant region !!