• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cheap Fresh Powder Tracks at Plattekill Mountain 12+

catskills

Well you could go out west and spend over $10,000 for fresh powder tracks or you can go to Plattekill Mountain tomorrow morning and be ready to ski by 8:30am. Plattekill got over 12 inches of snow today.

You see Plattekill Mountain lifts were closed Monday to Thursday. I am sure there were a few people that earn their turns Thursday during the storm. Outside of that Plattekill is the place to be for fresh powder tracks tomorrow morning. Plattekill will not be very busy so you should be able to find fresh tracks all day.

Just saying. :smash:

tnt1234

going there or Belleayre saturday.

Won't be fresh, but should be good.

Kleetus

Wow! Great day to book the party! Good for those folks.

I'm betting they weren't the powder skier types and were likely complaining about the lack of groomed options...however it is Platty so could be wrong

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

kingslug

Well you could go out west and spend over $10,000 for fresh powder tracks or you can go to Plattekill Mountain tomorrow morning and be ready to ski by 8:30am. Plattekill got over 12 inches of snow today.

You see Plattekill Mountain lifts were closed Monday to Thursday. I am sure there were a few people that earn their turns Thursday during the storm. Outside of that Plattekill is the place to be for fresh powder tracks tomorrow morning. Plattekill will not be very busy so you should be able to find fresh tracks all day.

Just saying. :smash:

Or just go to Whistler..book a heli trip for about a grand...and ski the best snow in the world.....but then again..Platty for a dollar 98 is a good option......

cdskier

Well fwiw, I just saw Plattekill post on Facebook that they got another 9" overnight on top of the 14" they got yesterday. The snow report on their website hasn't been updated since yesterday though, so there's no mention of this there yet.

KustyTheKlown

The woods will be prime and won't be tracked out

Last weekend they were skiable but I destroyed bases

This weekend they should be well covered

Should have noVT'd last weekend and Catskills this one, not the other way around. Oh well

ScottySkis

Please have lots of fun times who ever makes it to Platty this weekend will be Epic!!!!😂😃!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

BenedictGomez

Well fwiw, I just saw Plattekill post on Facebook that they got another 9" overnight on top of the 14" they got yesterday. The snow report on their website hasn't been updated since yesterday though, so there's no mention of this there yet.

Website says 17" total, which ballpark verifies with NOAA data.

cdskier

Website says 17" total, which ballpark verifies with NOAA data.

Hah...yea and they went back and edited their post on Facebook. Maybe someone measured a drift when they first got there this morning!

camberstick

Looks like tomorrow platty is open for a powder day, forecast looks dicey on the snow/rain. any thoughts or reports?

camberstick

Really wanted to go to magic but it's a long drive if platty is in play. Fixed grips at both mounains, magic chair is pretty protected . Do you think plattekill will have wind holds?

ScottySkis

Going to take my chances on the wind At platty I guess, Half the drive time any way.
If their windy at Platty then I sure it winds be blowing hard to all the lifts in North East to not run.
Have amazing time you will.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

BenedictGomez

If their windy at Platty then I sure it winds be blowing hard to all the lifts in North East to not run.

Have amazing time you will.

1jjp7t.jpg