• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

If you could ski anywhere next week

kingslug

Where would you go. I'm either going to hang it up after this weekend up in VT, or use the 5 days of vacation, somewhere. It would be solo, which kind of sucks as most people I know here and out west have hung it up.

MG Skier

Going to Jay, got to get a Tram ride in.....just kidding!!
But seriously, hoping to spend quality time at Jay for April Vacation.

Edd

Last week Lake Louise, Sunshine, and Kicking Horse were very well covered.

Kleetus

Last week Lake Louise, Sunshine, and Kicking Horse were very well covered.

I concur with this statement. Even got a couple 6"+ days in at Lake Louise in the back bowls last week and the week before. Was still like winter back there. Front Side was in a freeze thaw but I wasn't there to ski groomers anyways

Jcb890

If money is no issue, I vote for heli-skiing in AK.

A more realistic option - pick a resort which is going to have good weather/snow. Colorado looks to be getting some warmth, you can do spring skiing back home. Right now the snowy weather seems to be hitting Oregon, Wyoming and Montana. Jackson Hole in Wyoming is done for the season as of 4/9 though. California is a good bet too, their base is insane and they're still getting snow also.

4aprice

Heading out to Winter Park next week to close it out. Supposed to be a hell of a party. Will be beaching it in the Utah Junction Lot at Jane.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kingslug

Snowbird...
Winner Winner chicken dinner..Snowbird it is...cause I go there a lot. So why be different this time.
And I'll at least have some people I know to ski with..not a fan of the solo thing, althouigh at times it can be good.

Last edited:

SIKSKIER

This would be one time I would love to be at Mammoth.They have had almost 600 inches this year an I still see snow on the village cam which is unusual.

Jcb890

Winner Winner chicken dinner..Snowbird it is...cause I go there a lot. So why be different this time.
And I'll at least have some people I know to ski with..not a fan of the solo thing, althouigh at times it can be good.
This thread could have been so much fun. Thanks for nothing! :razz:

kingslug

So keep going..maybe some others will get ideas. I looked at all the CAT operations, all closed. Snowbird is easy and I stay for free in town.

Jcb890

So keep going..maybe some others will get ideas. I looked at all the CAT operations, all closed. Snowbird is easy and I stay for free in town.
I know, just teasing. I think it is pretty late in the season where most are done taking trips. Though, I have heard this is a great time of year for AK, I wouldn't know.

+1 for snowbird. I just got back from there on Monday -- they got about two feet between Saturday and Sunday. Everything was open with buttloads of snow, except the stuff that was closed due to avalanche danger on my last day (bookends, road to provo) -- and that's probably open now. It was amazing.