• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Magazine 2017-18 Eastern Resort Rankings

WWF-VT

1. Smugglers Notch
2. Sugarbush
3. Mount Snow
4. Tremblant
5. Jay Peak
6. Mad River Glen
7. Sugarloaf
8. Stowe
9. Okemo
10. Loon

11. Bretton Woods
12. Killington
13. Whiteface
14. Sunday River
15. Stratton
16. Holiday Valley
17. Waterville Valley
18. Cannon
19. Wildcat
20. Wachusett

Many surprises this year - let the annual debate begin.

skiNEwhere

Surprised to see Tremblant and Holiday Valley that low, and Mount Snow that high

cdskier

Sugarbush #2? How did they pull that off (don't get me wrong, I love the place as it is my home mountain, just surprised they made it that high).

machski

What don't you like about the lifts? Nearly all HSQ aren't they?
Yes, but not enough capacity for the weekend crowds. Most of HSQ's need to be upgraded to HSS. The Duncan HSQ is the second oldest one they have and is a freezer, that needs to be a bubble. The North side also needs the triple from Midway up increased to a HSQ to alleviate congestion on the Duncan.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

JimG.

Staff member
Yes, but not enough capacity for the weekend crowds. Most of HSQ's need to be upgraded to HSS. The Duncan HSQ is the second oldest one they have and is a freezer, that needs to be a bubble. The North side also needs the triple from Midway up increased to a HSQ to alleviate congestion on the Duncan.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

I've heard the weekend crowds there are insane. Seen a few pics too. I skied a few weekend days at MSA and it was insane there too.

I get 5 days at Tremblant on my MAX so I'm thinking a weekday trip for 3-4 days to check it out.

cdskier

This list is BS. Mount Snow ahead of so many like Stowe, Killington, Jay Peak and Cannon as well as others.

Just keep in mind this is all based on reader submitted surveys...so take the results with a grain of salt as always.

JamaicaMan

When they don't even include Magic in the original survey ya just have to throw out all the results ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

slatham

When they don't even include Magic in the original survey ya just have to throw out all the results ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

And isn't that ok? You don't want lemmings do you? Throwback, authentic, real, old school, classic, Vermont skiing. Mag rankings just don't get that.

BenedictGomez

This list is BS. Mount Snow ahead of so many like Stowe, Killington, Jay Peak and Cannon as well as others.

This list?

Can you point me to a ski resort "list" that isn't BS? They're all horrible. They're "more horrible" in the dawn of the internet era when he or she who gets the biggest social media campaign going wins.

And yes, Mount Snow being ranked above ANY ski resort in northern Vermont is a LOL-inducing moment.