• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Demo Ski Credit Question

gnardawg

I demoed some skis at Sunday River over new years. They told me to hold onto the receipt because I could apply that $ amount back to a pair of skis for the remainder of this year. Since Loon is owned by the same company does that mean I can use that receipt/voucher at Loon when I go this weekend if I see a pair of decent looking demo skis I want to buy?

Jully

I demoed some skis at Sunday River over new years. They told me to hold onto the receipt because I could apply that $ amount back to a pair of skis for the remainder of this year. Since Loon is owned by the same company does that mean I can use that receipt/voucher at Loon when I go this weekend if I see a pair of decent looking demo skis I want to buy?

No idea. It is possible, but I would bet no. Definitely call Loon to confirm though.

SkiFanE

Regardless of "rules" I bet they would. Bring your receipt. You see something you like and are ready to spend $ then and there, say "hey I'd like to buy these, I have a SR credit for demo - can I use it?" Only an idiot business person would say No. $50 less from their insane MSRP prices is still a huge profit for them. And they're going to be discounting that much soon anyway... if they say No, fuck it - they're bean counters who can't care to earn a customer.

Hawkshot99

Regardless of "rules" I bet they would. Bring your receipt. You see something you like and are ready to spend $ then and there, say "hey I'd like to buy these, I have a SR credit for demo - can I use it?" Only an idiot business person would say No. $50 less from their insane MSRP prices is still a huge profit for them. And they're going to be discounting that much soon anyway... if they say No, fuck it - they're bean counters who can't care to earn a customer.
I love when other people tell a business how they should run, and what their profit margins are....

Sent from my SM-G930F using AlpineZone mobile app

Hawkshot99

Just because Sunday River and Loon might be owned by the same company does not mean the ski shops are the same company. Most mtns outsource the ski shops and often food services to other companies.

Jully

Just because Sunday River and Loon might be owned by the same company does not mean the ski shops are the same company. Most mtns outsource the ski shops and often food services to other companies.

This is why I'm skeptical. I'm not so sure Sunday River Sports is owned by SR. Utterly no clue about Loon too.

gnardawg

I didn't end up bringing my credit or call Loon. I was only going to try because thought I was going have to park at the base lodge but didn't have to. Got to park at South Peak so I didn't bother. Best spot to park at Loon - Can get 5 runs before anyone shows up. The credit mystery continues.

gnardawg

Here is the response:

"Thank you for contacting Loon Mountain!

Unfortunately the credit from Sunday River would not be able to be used here at Loon Mountain.

If you have any other questions feel free to call us at 603-745-6281 X5400

We do still hope to see you soon!"

Jully

Here is the response:

Unfortunately the credit from Sunday River would not be able to be used here at Loon Mountain.

Interesting. Good to know!

thetrailboss

Staff member
Here is the response:

Not a surprise.

puckoach

I would take your receipt to Rodgers and ask. Owner is on site. Promise not to tell anyone....