• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stowe Thread

crippity

was a good day. Crowds huge as expected. Haven't been in 3 years since i bailed on vail but local buddy got me ticket so was nice to be back. Between crowds and wind at one point, the wait was 23 minutes on quad, singles line was so long im sure it wasn't faster. by 10 i think i only had 5 runs in starting at 8. gondi got going, sensation, sunny spruce, crowds/lines got much better. made it to 3 with a decent parking lot lunch break and i only got 15 runs and 27 vert but the snow changed all day. Was amazing early then later you got a bit of everything. my last run was down nosedive at 245 and i swear i went thru 4 different types of snow. was wild. winds died down big time by lunch and was bluebird most of the day minus a few clouds early.

Attachments

• IMG_2389.jpg
    IMG_2389.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2390.jpg
    IMG_2390.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2391.jpg
    IMG_2391.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2392.jpg
    IMG_2392.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 20

kingslug

was a good day. Crowds huge as expected. Haven't been in 3 years since i bailed on vail but local buddy got me ticket so was nice to be back. Between crowds and wind at one point, the wait was 23 minutes on quad, singles line was so long im sure it wasn't faster. by 10 i think i only had 5 runs in starting at 8. gondi got going, sensation, sunny spruce, crowds/lines got much better. made it to 3 with a decent parking lot lunch break and i only got 15 runs and 27 vert but the snow changed all day. Was amazing early then later you got a bit of everything. my last run was down nosedive at 245 and i swear i went thru 4 different types of snow. was wild. winds died down big time by lunch and was bluebird most of the day minus a few clouds early.
But think about that..27k vert is a lot of vert for a crowded day. A lot of people not used to the place get wiped out by the 2000+ nonstop vertical.
It's a great place to get used to that kind of thing if you plan to ski places out west..especially in BC and Jackson which has huge 4000 + vert. And most places divide that in half with mid mountain lifts.
Kicking horse is the biggest ass kicker...no mid mount lifts.

hovercraft

Wonder if crowds will still be there Thursday?
My only day to go before...driving to ct :(
But then again I'm back Sunday.
Need some Goat
Mountain was empty today, yesterday early on goat was amazing T2B. if you ran singles yesterday longest wait was about 12 mins. Soon as gondi and sensation open it was a few min wait….

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

How is Stowe skiing these days? Got 4 days to ski Epic places in NE from 3/23-26 and deciding how many of those days should be at Stowe.

bbrk

Looks like a fairly wintery week with at least 4-8" and the mountain is in great shape unless you're seeking powder turns off the toll road pod

hovercraft

I’m banking on this, looks like a few days of rain and sleet right now.
Not sure where yo are seeing that. We will have snow off and on all week. Even today ended up being a good day. Stowe is the snow globe of the east.