• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stowe Thread

BenedictGomez

it's great trying to look at your phone in a 40 mph storm at the top....
wanted to get a printed trail maps. they said 'nope', use your phone.
FUCK THE PHONE for maps. They should have access to a on demand printer to make as needed at the end of the season.

I'd say you all need to buy a Stowe Spanky, but it appears that unfortunately they're currently sold out. Way better than dealing with paper maps in the wind, and eons better than dealing with the obnoxious little cell phone screen. A practical multitasker too; life altering really. I bought 3 for Park City, one for each of my ski coats, and one my wife.

1709175746830.png

Park City's so big that that Spanky has to be double-sided, so sometimes I open to the wrong side, but no big deal as I'd fumble probably 30 seconds or more longer each and every time with a paper map.

1709176016401.png

Last edited:

Mum skier

Unless they drag another new Box of maps out of lost and found or somewhere else they are out of them. They had them earlier in the year. FUCK THE PHONE for maps. They should have access to a on demand printer to make as needed at the end of the season. Full maps or even reduced to fit on one page or letter size pages. Most kids have phones but a map might help a lost kid, adult or clueless person much more.
I got two at the ticket counter in spruce lodge last week. Had to ask for them.

MidnightJester

I got two at the ticket counter in spruce lodge last week. Had to ask for them.
Hmmmmmm spruce lodge. Where's that lol
Well the Mansfield lodge windows and Main Gondola windows I got them as well Last weekday but when I went back on the weekend they were out of them. I hope they do have more because a map only last me one/two days if its windy and wet.

Tonyr

This is what the Opensnow app is showing in the forecast...
1000038080.jpg

kingslug

Well if that happens..KS effect on ludicrous speed.
My report was for 1 inch and cloudy today at PC...snowed all night and it just keeps going...

Tonyr

My friend has been out there for the last 4 or 5 days, he says the conditions have been outstanding. Enjoy!

Smellytele

I was just in Utah fri-wed (skied Sun-Tuesday). Conditions were great snowed everyday (a little windy). None of the reported traffic issues at any of the CC resorts. Son is still out there to Monday staying with friends and had another great day today as well as yesterday.