• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Andermatt Switzerland

crippity

from website:

Lawson’s Finest has chosen to pay our staff generous living wages and benefits. There is no tip obligation when guests come to the taproom. However, if guests choose to leave a gratuity, 100% will be donated to local charitable endeavors.

crippity

Also i have tipped like i have here with good service and at times i have gotten looks like i insulted them in EU.

BenedictGomez

I get it, but it also seems kind of like a weird sort of back-patting, flex.

Why not ALSO let the staff keep a little extra cash? The generosity, afterall, was 100% on the part of the customer if s/he thought they received great service.

raisingarizona

I have reason to believe @BodeMiller1 is a bot.

(had started play with one for work. It exhibits similar characteristic)
Interesting. Butt why? I mean, what’s someone’s motivation to program a bot to act as a person on an Internet forum?

I’m genuinely curious and have no clue.

abc

Interesting. Butt why? I mean, what’s someone’s motivation to program a bot to act as a person on an Internet forum?

I’m genuinely curious and have no clue.
As a test?

But I haven’t a clue as to why anyone would want to program a bot to act as a person on an Internet forum. If I were to program an “interaction bot”, I’d try facebook or X or something like that. Internet forum isn’t the most fashionable thing online these days.