• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 11/24

Killington 11/25

Get it while you can!

Killington Vermont November 25th, 2011

Sunny high 40’s

When we arrived at Killington, and picked up our 2 for ones at the Killington Shops at the bottom of the access road. I always buy tickets and change at the shop makes the transition at the parking lot much easier. Don also offered to pay for the preferred parking for 12 dollars, so bay 1 it was. We were exhausted, but happy to be at Killington after a 6:00 wake up, and a 3 hour drive. We get our gear on and hop on the gondola. The 4 of us. Alan, Shea , Spencer, and Don share a gondola with a instructor and a beginner skier. Al always we have to hear some Hunter bashing.

A little windy but not enough for some to notice. Bumps on East fall and Rime were manmade. Mousetrap, North star, and Ridge Run were all natural snow, so they were quite rocky. But those bumps, WOW they were great. Some jumps off the side of Rime encouraged some free riders to practice their inverts. I enjoyed watching back lays, front tucks, and Lincoln loops. Though the Northridge Triple got crowded here and there. I also got tackled by a snow boarder but he wasn’t big. Going down Great Northern with a few zipper lines was rewarded with a delicious chocolate covered waffle. Yum. Overall the day was great. Robin, Chris, and John. Took the sleepy head ride and left at 7:30. I can’t wait to go back and shred those bumps.

PS. What a sunset last night coming into Rutland!

Pictures and video, enjoy!

https://picasaweb.google.com/104145002472724772294/KillingtonNovember242011

Spencer (180jr)

Last edited:

C-Rex

I was there on Friday too. Amazing first day out for me. The snow was great and the crowd didn't' get really bad until after 1:00. I even got my first good slam in for the season.