• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lindsey Vonn Files for Divorce

deadheadskier

Staff member
my wife was 23 i was 24. married 22.5 years. my wife's not a famous hot superstar skier tho.

and you are very lucky. No chance my wife and my marriage would've worked out had I gotten married at that age. Well, if I got married at 24 she would've been 17. :lol:

jerryg

Thomas Vonn supposedly filed the divorce papers last week. It would seem rather odd that he was hanging out with her and her equipment after filing for divorce.

Found this rumor somewhere on the net. Supposedly her husband got mad and destroyed all her ski boots and skis.

"This is true. I am a ski tuner up here in Aspen. We had the world cup here all weekend. The rumor mill was rabid about this. The two major things this article leaves out are the fact that her husband destroyed her boots this weekend before the races and the reason the divorce is happening is that Lindsey's has been Dating Tim Tebow for 3 or 4 months. So much for the religous guy honoring another man's marriage. All pretty sad. She claimed it was a bad back her withdrawing from the race yesterday. It was more likely No skis ready to race and no boots for her feet and no coach or tuner no, Ski Racing."

Tim Tebow - Lindsey Vonn - Brooklyn Decker at the ESPY awards in July
232x152.jpg

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
The cards were stacked against her. How many marriages work out?
Fixed it for ya.

Age differences don't matter. Life experience differences do. Twenty fresh outta ski academy versus already rocked the tour circuit is quite different life experiences. But that isn't the end all and be all, sounds like it worked for them for quite some time.

I'm sure it is very difficult for any couple, married or otherwise, to work through the burden of fame and rock star lifestyles for either person involved.

The article says that she will keep her married name. That certainly makes the most sense from a financial and marketing perspective.

snowmonster

To reply to snowmonster: Tina Turner. Her husband abused her and she still kept his last name. Oh yeah, her career.
...And those legs! As much as Tina Turner is a great singer, everytime I think of her, I think of her as Auntie Entity from Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome.
Questionable....snowmonster's around.......but ya' have to admit = is still the biggest ongoing question:lol:

SNOWMONSTER:
Name = doing the hyphenated..would seem good, as some do.....*My $.01 guess though...is that it's gonna take some time & maturing for her to appreciate the value of your bratwurst/sausages!
Hmmm...Lindsey Vonn-Snowmonster does have a certain ring to it. :) I'm still holding out for Julia Mancuso though. Perhaps, we should save her a spot at the AZ Summit.

BenedictGomez

I've a hard time swallowing that Tim Tebow and Lindsay Vonn rumor. Reminds me of Guns & Roses beat up Skid Row or some similar nonsense rumor.

bigbog

...And those legs! As much as Tina Turner is a great singer, everytime I think of her, I think of her as Auntie Entity from Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome...
One of the great flicks of all time!....

snowmonster said:
...Hmmm...Lindsey Vonn-Snowmonster does have a certain ring to it. :) I'm still holding out for Julia Mancuso though. Perhaps, we should save her a spot at the AZ Summit.
Now we get those two up here....and in addition coax Jenn Berg and Charlotte Moats away from the two-three foot deep fluff for a weekend of blissful pp!....HAHAHAHA.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Fixed it for ya.

Age differences don't matter. Life experience differences do. .

The statistics would suggest that age does matter. 50% of marriages end in divorce in the United States, but the vast majority of those divorces occur in people who got married for the 1st time before the age of 30.

Age Women Men
Under 20 years old 27.6% 11.7%
20 to 24 years old 36.6% 38.8%
25 to 29 years old 16.4% 22.3%
30 to 34 years old 8.5% 11.6%
35 to 39 years old 5.1% 6.5%

drjeff

I've a hard time swallowing that Tim Tebow and Lindsay Vonn rumor. Reminds me of Guns & Roses beat up Skid Row or some similar nonsense rumor.

Tend to agree. Her fame has lead to her meeting many a famous male celebrites that she's talked about on her FB page and Twitter. Heck, in the last few months, she's mentioned that she really looked forward to meeting Justin Beiber :puke: at some awards show (maybe the people's choice awards or some other similar one) and also Tom Brady when they were both at the Under Armor Headquarters in Maryland doing a photo shoot for UA's current winter ad campaign.

My guess is that we'll likely never know the real reason behind their divorce filing, and frankly nor do we have the right to know the real reason behind it, unless of course one or both of them feel like telling

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
The statistics would suggest that age does matter. 50% of marriages end in divorce in the United States, but the vast majority of those divorces occur in people who got married for the 1st time before the age of 30.

Age Women Men

But that is only because age is generally correlated to maturity, right?

IOW, the couples that end up staying together or getting split up probably have something in common?

deadheadskier

Staff member
But that is only because age is generally correlated to maturity, right?

IOW, the couples that end up staying together or getting split up probably have something in common?

I would say that's accurate. I feel that many people aren't mature enough to enter into a lifelong commitment in their early to mid 20s.

When I used to be in the wedding business, we used to love seeing the young couples as there was a good shot they'd be a repeat customer down the road. :lol:

BenedictGomez

Age Women Men

Interesting, although the men under 20 percentage doesnt seem to agree with the rest of the correlation. The other thing that leaps off the page is that it would seem to approach mathematical difficulty for "50% of marriages ending in divorce" if the above figures really held up. I dont want to think about it, because it would make my head hurt, but I dont think you can get to 50% based on the above figures. :dontknow:

My guess is that we'll likely never know the real reason behind their divorce filing
, and frankly nor do we have the right to know the real reason behind it, unless of course one or both of them feel like telling

I'll take the other side of that coin! This stuff always seems to come out (not that it's anyone's business).

deadheadskier

Staff member
Interesting, although the men under 20 percentage doesnt seem to agree with the rest of the correlation. The other thing that leaps off the page is that it would seem to approach mathematical difficulty for "50% of marriages ending in divorce" if the above figures really held up. I dont want to think about it, because it would make my head hurt, but I dont think you can get to 50% based on the above figures. :dontknow:

you can't, but the data stops at age 39. I assume the remaining percentages needed to get to the 50% total are for those people who got divorced, but hadn't married first until age 40 or older. My uncle would fall in that category. He got married for the 1st time at age 43, divorced at 49.

The low figure of 11.7% of men under 20 probably has to do with very few men get married so young. Women tend to get married at a younger age then men do.

Overall the data suggests that those who put off getting married until after the age of 30 have a much greater chance of their marriage lasting than those who get married when they are young. That is what I was saying when Linsey had the cards stacked against her.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
...And those legs! As much as Tina Turner is a great singer, everytime I think of her, I think of her as Auntie Entity from Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome.
Hmmm...Lindsey Vonn-Snowmonster does have a certain ring to it. :) I'm still holding out for Julia Mancuso though. Perhaps, we should save her a spot at the AZ Summit.

Snowmonster: You've got your competition in Aksel Lund Svindal. He's pretty big, strong and super fast. ;)