• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

So who still goes big?

kingslug

Hi All new to the forum

34 years young here with 3 ACL replacements and I still go big....well big in my book. 10-15 footers at Whistler last season and looking forward to hitting some stuff an the bird and Alta in March

Which is when I'll be there as well. I'll make sure to look up.

Morewood

Actually my doc...Dr. Brand (Danbury Orthopedics) good doctor... jokes with that I paid for his house at Stratton! and know way I want a fourth....

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I'll give you an A for effort, specifically in the 2nd video.

In all seriousness, you can get some major airtime off that crossover below the headwall.

In my defense, in both cases I wasn't prepared. The one coming down the Superstar Headwall, I didn't see the lil ramp at the bottom, took me by suprise. The one in the park, well, I just didn't belong there. I had hit some air the previous season in Sugarbush, it felt good and I felt confident in K. Well, didn't realize these jumps weren't the same as at Sugarbush. That one hurt, I got up holding my back. http://killingtonaccessrd.com/MyFalls/

2knees

In my defense, in both cases I wasn't prepared. The one coming down the Superstar Headwall, I didn't see the lil ramp at the bottom, took me by suprise. The one in the park, well, I just didn't belong there. I had hit some air the previous season in Sugarbush, it felt good and I felt confident in K. Well, didn't realize these jumps weren't the same as at Sugarbush. That one hurt, I got up holding my back. http://killingtonaccessrd.com/MyFalls/

That crossover can provide serious hangtime and it is rather deceiving.

Greg

Staff member
me... But only natural drops.. Not really into the scooped out landings inb the park..

I'm not a park guy at all either. Any air I take are usually at trail merges, big moguls, seeded bump run kickers (small ones), or off natural terrain features. Due to this fact, my airs will likely always be the small variety. I'm too old now, have too much to lose, and started skiing too late in life to take any big hits in the terrain parks. Too much of a chicken shit to go really big also..

sledhaulingmedic

I never "went big". A couple of times I did, but purely because of an uncharactaristic gross miscalculation. Skis generally stay on the snow. I guess I'm getting old.

ga2ski

I don't go as big as I used but still enjoy hitting some of the smaller jumps. I like hitting the natural airs better than the park ones these days.

Does this count as going big?

DSC_1219.jpg

PICT0104.JPG

eastcoastskiier

theres no bigger rush then landing a huge air..!!!! i used to ski board (5 years) and thats all i wouold do was rock the park and go huge, and no i was not one of the kids in there that flapped his hands all around and rolled up the windows every jump.. (a few times yes).. the amount of air you can get with those things was CRAZY.. my biggest was a 65ft at Okemo 2 seasons ago.. scared the crao out of me the first time.. but one i got comftorable on it we started jumping side by side and 1 after another.. AMAZING...now i got the Enemy's to help me push the limits.. i'm not a spinner, just big straight airs with a handful of grabs here and ther.. hoping to learn some spins this year, but after already having knee, and quad surgery, and getting aruptured appendix im not looking forward to the learning curve of the park again

3_.jpg

Last edited: