• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Big Burke announcement

River19

So if I operate half a store in a retail space I only have to pay 50% of the taxes? Not how this works....that's not how any of this works......

Sad to report that Ary has lost another (major) cog (I"m sure he doesn't see it that way) - Mountain Manager (who also wore many other hats) Jason Lefevre gave his notice last week.

River19

Sad to report that Ary has lost another (major) cog (I"m sure he doesn't see it that way) - Mountain Manager (who also wore many other hats) Jason Lefevre gave his notice last week.

Yikes. Bad news, I heard he was a solid contributor and a decent dude. Tough time of the year to not have that position filled with some continuity.

VTKilarney

I heard that earlier this week. The timing is certainly not good - especially with the hotel opening soon.

faQ

He was a good one for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Ugh...
tumblr_inline_ngzuh1JXIu1ss27h4.gif

Big Wave Dave

how many GM's does that make lost?

can we get Steve from JP back on here to explain why this idiot Ary is still allowed anywhere near Burke?

this story is getting old. Starting to wonder if Ary is the idiot fall guy for his dad's sinister, Madoff-esque plans :)

faQ

Anybody read current SKIING magazine? Apparently we are the Easts best kept secret.

thetrailboss

Staff member
The snowmaking is sure to be really great this season :roll:

It's certainly time to hit the reset button on this one....Q-2 needs to go build planes....just declare victory and go home. Bring in Steve and/or one of Bill's good mountain ops guys and leave them alone.

WoodCore

Anybody read current SKIING magazine? Apparently we are the Easts best kept secret.

If the service at the new hotel is anything like the service I received at the "Rack" last weekend, I think they should keep it a secret!! :thumbdown:

faQ

That's the second bad review I've heard of the restaurant this week. To be fair though, it's the only 2 reviews I've heard in a really long time.

Last edited:

River19

That's the second bad review I've heard of the restaurant this week. To be fair though, it's the only 2 reviews I've heard in a really long time.

One of the least frequently reviewed places on Yelp in the area.....1 review in the past year or so.....either no one goes to the rack anymore (I can't say I've been in a long long time) or the people that do go, just don't really give a shit to review it either way....

I haven't found a local that has been to the Rack by choice in quite some time.....

thetrailboss

Staff member
If the service at the new hotel is anything like the service I received at the "Rack" last weekend, I think they should keep it a secret!! :thumbdown:

I just got an Email the other day about the Hotel's opening. It had a nice discount for a room and talked about the new restaurants and shops there. I also heard on the Channel 7 (LSC) story that they have 300 job openings. They could not fully staff the ski area last season due to, well, an obvious management issue. I really don't see how they are going to hire enough staff to run the Hotel.

Big Wave Dave

I saw the note in Ski magazine. liked the quip about overdue investment in such a worthy area (NEK).

they are giving those rooms away non-holiday. I may have to pick one up for a night just to swim in a heated pool and look at willoughby!

faQ

I saw the note in Ski magazine. liked the quip about overdue investment in such a worthy area (NEK).

they are giving those rooms away non-holiday. I may have to pick one up for a night just to swim in a heated pool and look at willoughby!

I didn't read that one. The one i saw was skiing magazine. It did mention ary being the reason for the Q, probably to clarify it wasn't a typo.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I didn't read that one. The one i saw was skiing magazine. It did mention ary being the reason for the Q, probably to clarify it wasn't a typo.

Was that this season? I recall one last season. FWIW SAM, Ski, Skiing, and even Powder have lambasted Ary for the name move.....