• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Halloween 2012

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
What do you guys have planned? I'm taking my 4 month old with his cousins trick or treating tonight in a little chicken outfit.

Gonna leave a bowl with candy on the front porch. Honor system tonight :)

drjeff

I'm going to walk around my neighborhood with my kids (the almost 9yr old girl is some purple and pink "monster" who's name I can't remember and the almost 7yr old boy is dressing in one of those full body "green man" suits with a rainbow clown hair wig and a huge clown print tie) and probably end up being given 3 or 4 beers and a handful or 2 of "rummy bears" by some of my AWESOME neighbors as they do every year! When it's done, I'll end up back at my house with a few cups of warm spiked apple cider that we hand out to the grown ups at my house! :)

The grown ups seem to have just about as much fun as the adults in my neighborhood on Halloween! :beer:

drjeff

Spiked cider sounds awesome ..... good idea!

Don't forget the styrofoam coffee cups with a lid to hand the spiked cider out in Nick! (and most of my neighbors "appreciate" that I get the 20oz cups instead of the 12oz ones! :)

SkiFanE

7yo Harry Potter and a 12yo Hermione. I had one Gryfindor cloak, had to buy another yesterday.

I hate Halloween lol.

skiNEwhere

I will be better prepaired this year. Last year I ran out of candy, but instead of turning my lights off, I kept them on and gave out Rammen Noodles.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Ugh. I used to hate it when people gave out like fruit ... here's an apple??

Side note; when I lived in Connecticut growing up, some of our neighbors were related to the people that own Munson's Candy. Their house was awesome - they always gave out full-size bars, which was great!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Halloween was on as usual here. Kids went trick-or-treating in the new neighborhood with my father-in-law while I handed out candy (and changed costumes 3 times). I don't think we had even 30 kids, and 90% of them were middle school aged or older. I love Halloween. Finally was able to put up lights (inside, in front of our 11-foot-long, 3-panel by 3-panel, window). Yay!

Trekchick

Severine,
Saw the pics of your lights. Looks very cool.
We only had 5 (make that 6) kids and one doggie.

I like halloween, seeing all the costumes and such, but this one is going down in the books as a disappointment.
*Sigh*

Last edited:

bvibert

Staff member
I'm in Thailand. Didn't see any trick-or-treaters.. and I got some really strange looks walking around dressed up as a Wookie... :-?

drjeff

Ended up with about 75-80 kids last night - usually have about 1/2 that. I'm guessing that my neighborhood (about 40 houses in it with dead end streets so not a lot of car traffic) having power when about 1/3rd of my town still doesn't have power might have contributed to the increased volume of trick or treaters a bit!

Warp Daddy

Ozzy and Sharon met all our little Ghoulies and Goblins at the door, we were busy from 5 to about 10 pm ran out of goodies ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 41

ERJ-145CA

Halloween was postponed in Jersey until Monday so I get to take the kids out then. Worked out for me because I was stuck in Nashville on Halloween.

BTW Warp, nice Les Paul.

Warp Daddy

thanks Sevie. N Trekie , yeah we ENJOY life to the max . hey and ERJ u got it man that LP is one saweeeeet axe ? I play THAT sucker daily