Le Massif - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Le Massif

Great trip reports on Quebec here:

http://nyskiblog.com/magazine/

There are at least two articles on Le Massif, but all the Quebec reports are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Breakout12 View Post
    Great trip reports on Quebec here:

http://nyskiblog.com/magazine/

There are at least two articles on Le Massif, but all the Quebec reports are good.
    Nice!! thank you!

Think it's a definite plan this season........
    SteveD

Quote Originally Posted by bigbog View Post
    Think it's a definite plan this season........
    Yeah? You going up?

I've been a couple of times. I think I posted a Trip Report hearer after last season's President's week trip. In fact, I am heading up to Quebec to ski Le Massif and Mont Ste Anne between Christmas and New Year's. I think I like Ste Anne a little bit better but both are really good mountains. The Off Piste at Ste Ann is not really Off Piste but is more just cut glades that are about a mile hike from the resort. The trees are too tight to just freelance and hope to find a decent way down...we were there about 3 days after the last snow and there were no tracks heading off the beaten paths - I kept a good eye out. Still it was worth doing it for the adventure and snow that is less tracked out than the in bounds glades.
    form is a 4 letter word

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    No to derail.. but Owl's Head is on my radar. That place looks super steep!
    Owl's Head is a top ten northeast ski area for steep groomers. Great pitch off the main mountain quad.

Le Massif is on my list. I'm gonna check off Sutton and Orford first and then look into a Le Massif trip in the near future.
    -Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Quote Originally Posted by crank View Post
    I've been a couple of times. I think I posted a Trip Report hearer after last season's President's week trip. In fact, I am heading up to Quebec to ski Le Massif and Mont Ste Anne between Christmas and New Year's. I think I like Ste Anne a little bit better but both are really good mountains. The Off Piste at Ste Ann is not really Off Piste but is more just cut glades that are about a mile hike from the resort. The trees are too tight to just freelance and hope to find a decent way down...we were there about 3 days after the last snow and there were no tracks heading off the beaten paths - I kept a good eye out. Still it was worth doing it for the adventure and snow that is less tracked out than the in bounds glades.
    Thanks Crank. Good to know about the density of the trees at Ste Ann.

What was the terrain like once you hiked out?

Quote Originally Posted by Huck_It_Baby View Post
    Thanks Crank. Good to know about the density of the trees at Ste Ann.

What was the terrain like once you hiked out?
    Oops I meant to say the off piste area at Le Massif. Basically they were like average pitched glades similar to but much longer than beaver pond or Timbuckto at Jay. Read upper intermediate I guess. Le Massif has similar glades inbounds but they get more skier traffic. Ste Anne has a section of the mountain with a bunch of glades that range from quite steep to not so steep. Have done no off piste there other than their in bounds glades.
    form is a 4 letter word

33" in the last 48 hours at Le Massif. Could be a good time to head up there.

bet its a heavy 33"

Thread Information