Hunter AZ Gathering - 12/15/2006 - Page 5

AlpineZone

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Okay, so I know we discourage foul langauge here, but sometimes allow it for "emphasis". I am going to officially take my potty mouth pass right now...

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Here's my first video attempt:
    Hunter 12/15/2006

It's a bit long at just over 8 minutes and a bit over 20 MB. It may take a while to download, but I think it's worth it...

I realized that I didn't get everyone and I apologize. It was a large group and it was hard for me to keep track of everyone...
    Holy SHIT! That was effin awesome!!! That's your first attempt? Really, really awesome. You totally captured the overall spirit of the day. I will be watching this one over and over this week for sure. I told you editing video can quickly become addicting. I love the tunes, subtle use of effects and the zoom quality of the camera is awesome. That's the big difference between yours my point and shoot approach. Time to take my wife's mini-DVD cam out! I love the 16:9 aspect ratio.

Seriously, Brian. FANTASTIC job!! I'm really glad I got that clip of you on Hellgate. Great stuff.

I ski double black diamonds.

I had pm'd jack97 and asked him for his honest opinion. Its all good. He gives good advice. Maybe I should've noted that in here. My fault.

wife and i passed on the way in so she had no clue. lol. the things you do for skiing. My legs are still sore today, climbing stairs is a bit painful.

Here's my first video attempt:
    Hunter 12/15/2006
    Ha! My bobble at 4:11 is cracking me up! Looks like I'm running down stairs... Gimme some props though...good recovery, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Ha! My bobble at 4:11 is cracking me up! Looks like I'm running down stairs... Gimme some props though...good recovery, no?
    Yeah, I guess it does have that stair stepping quality to it... You did recover pretty darn well, I'll give you that.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Okay, so I know we discourage foul langauge here, but sometimes allow it for "emphasis". I am going to officially take my potty mouth pass right now...

Holy SHIT! That was effin awesome!!! That's your first attempt? Really, really awesome. You totally captured the overall spirit of the day. I will be watching this one over and over this week for sure. I told you editing video can quickly become addicting. I love the tunes, subtle use of effects and the zoom quality of the camera is awesome. That's the big difference between yours my point and shoot approach. Time to take my wife's mini-DVD cam out! I love the 16:9 aspect ratio.

Seriously, Brian. FANTASTIC job!! I'm really glad I got that clip of you on Hellgate. Great stuff.

Wow, I feel honored... I got Greg to swear in the forum!

Thanks for the complements guys. I wish I had gotten more footage of the rest of the group, but the bumpers were so much fun to watch.

I've also watched it more times than I can count, the transition between Mach 5 segment and the All Mixed Up segment is pissing me off though. Great, now I have things to work on in my skiing and in my video producing skills...

Brian

Those are some nice videos. While you bumpers looked good in the vids. you looked much better in person. Watching 2knees tearing through the bumps was just cool to see.
    104(12/13)
    (13/14)
    48(14/15)
    35(15/16)
    50(16/17)
    Rossi Soul 7 w/ Marker F12 (188 ) FOR SALE!
    Stockli Stormrider w/ Look PX 12 (177)

BTW, if anyone is interested there is a larger version of my vid up there, at 122 MB it'll take a wile to download though...
    Brian

very impressive gathering......esp so early in the season

BTW, if anyone is interested there is a larger version of my vid up there, at 122 MB it'll take a wile to download though...
    Happily waiting for the higher res download now. Watch that bandwidth, Brian! If you run into any issues, lemme know and I can mirror it somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by hrstrat57 View Post
    very impressive gathering......esp so early in the season
    Agreed. the day turned out great. I will be honest. When we started to see how big this turnout was going to be, I was getting a bit nervous about it. I just get like that, I guess. I wanted everyone to have a good time and things to go smoothly. I was also concerned about being able to land the group rate thing and that we'd be able to efficiently pull that off. The Friday before, I skied with Jim at Hunter and he chilled me out. He said that everyone knew what was expected and to not worry about it. I took his advice and just mellowed out and at the end of the day, everything fell into place. Thanks again to the group rate folks for pulling through. It turned out to be a really great day and I'm psyched we got a bunch of quality footage to document it all!

great videos guys.. makes the bumps look fun... ah i'll ahve to give them more of a shot next time. this should become a monthly thing, someone needs to pick the place and get the ball in motion for the second meet of the season
    Current ski's (in size order)

- 160 Rossignol Cuts (rock skis; spray-painted gold/black
    fade with a Salomon 711ps binding)
    - 165 Rossignol R11 Mutix (axial 140)-FOR SALE
    - 169 K2 FUGATIVES (Salomon Z10ti binding)-SOLD
    - 198 K2 X15 MINT.. (Market M29)

Days on the snow= 34

Thread Information