• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Parking a foot away from another car at the slopes

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
ah that is so obnoxious. Especially when it's their driver side because you know they had to squeeze to get in the car.

ThinkSnow

And what about when someone parks so close behind you, you can't get into the back of your truck without moving first? Happened 2 seasons back at Cannon, and just last week at Stowe. Very tempted to just drop my tailgate on their BMW emblem.

Morwax

And what about when someone parks so close behind you, you can't get into the back of your truck without moving first? Happened 2 seasons back at Cannon, and just last week at Stowe. Very tempted to just drop my tailgate on their BMW emblem.
I have really poor grip and sometimes my skis will slip out of my hand getting them out of the bed.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
1970 something my local hill would shutdown the lifts for a half hour from 4-4:30, so tired of lodge food would run into town . A couple of guys I met one night shared a ride and when we got back went to his car, happened to notice a Blue MG parked really tight ,
He started freaking out seeing a blue dent in his new car.He just lost it :uzi:, him and his buddy (after putting there boots back on ) started kicking the side of the MG , they did so much damage you could see the window linkage.
I hightailed it out of there .

twinplanx

This and I will never understand why some people don't pull through to the open spot in front of them in clearly marked parking lots. I'm the guy looking for the nearest pull through to the door ;-)

Cannonball

This and I will never understand why some people don't pull through to the open spot in front of them in clearly marked parking lots. I'm the guy looking for the nearest pull through to the door ;-)

Because if you want to put stuff in the back of your car/truck when you come back to it you don't want someone parked right behind you

skiNEwhere

MRG is/was notorious for packing in cars into their small parking lot

twinplanx

Because if you want to put stuff in the back of your car/truck when you come back to it you don't want someone parked right behind you
Makes sense if you have a tailgate, especially with skis or other gear. I RARELY place groceries in my trunk...

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
Gunstock..Sitting in the van this morning waiting for freinds. Older guy and his son pull up on the right side CLOSE. I then watch him open his door and have to hold back as he squeezed himself through. This was a more or less an empty 10 acre lot. We talked and it didnt go well.. apparently he could not see the problem. I moved to a better spot.

You cant fix STUPID!

bvibert

Staff member
I find that the further away from the lift they make you park, the less room they give you around your car. The out of town jerks that they give the good spots to also get all the room. Fair, it is not.

Terry

I parked at Shawnee Peak last night, no one else around in the lot where I was. Came back to the truck and a toyota 4runner was pulled up a half inch from my back bumper. I had to reach across his hood to reach my tailgate handle. I keep my keys in the body under the tonneau cover so I couldn't even move my truck. I had to drop the tailgate onto his bug deflector and lay on it to reach my keys. Sorry about your bug deflector you a@@hole!

mriceyman

Happened to us at stratton on sunday. When we pulled in the car next to us left room for both of us to get dressed. Well once we both went to hill another car slid in the middle. Literally had to climb over passenger seat to get to drivers seat.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

C-Rex

1970 something my local hill would shutdown the lifts for a half hour from 4-4:30, so tired of lodge food would run into town . A couple of guys I met one night shared a ride and when we got back went to his car, happened to notice a Blue MG parked really tight ,
He started freaking out seeing a blue dent in his new car.He just lost it :uzi:, him and his buddy (after putting there boots back on ) started kicking the side of the MG , they did so much damage you could see the window linkage.
I hightailed it out of there .

Nice!! That's better than my story but I'm telling it anyway. I was sitting in my car waiting for my friends to show up at a bar one night. My windows are tinted fairly dark so you can't really see me in there. A car full of guys pulls up next to me in a two door. The driver gets out, pushing his door into mine as he does. Thunk. Then his friend has trouble climbing out of the back and is leaning on the door. Thunk, thunk, thunk, thunk. I'm sitting there just staring blankly, astonished that people are such assholes. Being alone, and 4 of them I wasn't about to get out and start some shit. So I waited until they went in, then got out of my car to check the damage. Nice crease and scrapes in my passenger door. My friends pulled up just in time to see me kick his driver side mirror off his car and across the parking lot. We then decided to go to another bar, but first I left a note under his wiper explaining why his mirror was missing. I wouldn't want the lesson to go unlearned.