Catamount Condos and hotel

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Catamount Condos and hotel

http://www.berkshiremtnclub.com/

I like the hill and wish them luck but do they really believe this will work. This could put them in NELSPA and i dont want that.

A NEW CATAMOUNT RESORT

Luxury Whole & Fractional Ownership Available

The Berkshire Mountain Club, located on the slopes of Catamount Resort in Columbia County, bordering the Berkshires, will provide a unique opportunity for you to own luxury whole or fractional residences with the amenities, services and benefits of a 4 star hotel. Combine full property management and travel opportunities around the world and your future vacations will never be the same again. Fractional prices start approximately in the mid $50,000s.

The Berkshire Mountain Club is located in direct proximity of multiple ski lifts and is the beginning of a whole new base area development plan for Catamount Ski Resort.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    http://www.berkshiremtnclub.com/

I like the hill and wish them luck but do they really believe this will work. This could put them in NELSPA and i dont want that.

A NEW CATAMOUNT RESORT

Luxury Whole & Fractional Ownership Available

The Berkshire Mountain Club, located on the slopes of Catamount Resort in Columbia County, bordering the Berkshires, will provide a unique opportunity for you to own luxury whole or fractional residences with the amenities, services and benefits of a 4 star hotel. Combine full property management and travel opportunities around the world and your future vacations will never be the same again. Fractional prices start approximately in the mid $50,000s.

The Berkshire Mountain Club is located in direct proximity of multiple ski lifts and is the beginning of a whole new base area development plan for Catamount Ski Resort.

When you say "They", who do you mean? The group doing this is not just "Catamount". I'm sure they are offering up the land/space but its not just them fronting the bill to get this off the ground.

If it fails (which I don't see it failing), the ski area will still be there.

Quote Originally Posted by bzrperfspec77 View Post
    When you say "They", who do you mean? The group doing this is not just "Catamount". I'm sure they are offering up the land/space but its not just them fronting the bill to get this off the ground.

If it fails (which I don't see it failing), the ski area will still be there.
    "They" are Catamount. Here is their message on Catamount's FB:
    Berkshire Mountain Club: The location of the Berkshire Mountain Club will be adjacent to the Glade Chair Lift. Once our office is completed we will be unveiling a 10 year master plan for Catamount. The new improvements and renovations will balance nicely with the addition of the Berkshire Mountain Club. If you are in the area we welcome you to stop by our office inside the Main Base Lodge to answer any questions you may have.

The Mountain Club doesn't own Catamount, but they're a big part of it. Here's the list of developers, taken from the club's website.
    http://www.berkshiremtnclub.com/developers.html
    See the last 2 names?

Seems that the Club will take control and destroy Catamount (add more snowmaking and groom everything). I don't think this will happen overnight. Give it ten years and I'm sure Catamount will be a smaller Jiminy Peak. The Mountain Club will kick out current management so they can run the show completely.

I'm ordering a brochure so I can get more details. Will report back once I receive it.
    2019-2020 0 days and holding...
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

It will be located behind the Glade chair. Kind of an odd spot. Wedged between the hill and the snowmaking pond.

BerkshireMtnClub-Sitemap.jpg
    2019-2020 0 days and holding...
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

A new trend? Camelback is in the process of building their new hotel. 450 rooms and indoor waterpark, all slopeside. Don't think it will spell doom for Catamount.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Quote Originally Posted by 4aprice View Post
    A new trend? Camelback is in the process of building their new hotel. 450 rooms and indoor waterpark, all slopeside. Don't think it will spell doom for Catamount.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
    But maybe 10% of amount of people that go to go Cambleback on weekend that go to Catamont crowds wise. . I like it the way it is a local hill.

i won't be buying in
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

2018/19
    Breck - 12/2 12/22 12/23 1/5 1/6 2/9 3/10
    Taos - 1/26
    Keystone - 2/24
    Crested Butte - 3/25 3/26 3/27

With the memory still fresh of the real estate bubble, and many mountain getting burned in their real estate centric operation model, why so many local hills jump right back onto the real estate band wagon is totally beyond me. Who do they think will be their potential condo buyers? Or, who are they kidding but themselves?

Hills in marginal snow zone can't hope to attract buyers of their condo no matter how much granite counter top they put in...

I could be wrong, but I would assume a ski area and the GROUP that is doing this project has put some thought into it.

This area is really close to the Berkshires where people love to retreat to. Instead of the New Yorkers/PA/NJ people (Please don't offense to that, I know how people take offense to many things on here...) buying a house or a condo outside of the ski area, now they can purchase it right next to it. Plus they don't have to come up just for the skiing. Plenty to do in the Spring/Summer/Fall. Not just skiining

The mountain is leasing the land to the developers to develop the time share, so I imagine that will be operated somewhat independently of the mountain itself, and the mountain won't sink if the project does. The developers will also build the mountain a new lodge as part of the deal.

The state has also pledged a considerable sum to the project: http://www.columbiapaper.com/index.p...y-diane-valden

From a bit of google, I think this has been off again / on again for the past decade. Now there's no turning back. I'm sure they expect 90% occupancy / sales, but for me, the only reason I ski Catamount is precisely because I can get there and back in a day from NYC. If I'm staying overnight, I'm heading north (or Catskills). But it's a pretty reasonable family trip for NYC / Westchester people, and the mountain does seem under utilized to me. I've only been twice, but New Year's Day and MLK Saturday were both very uncrowded. There also seems to be quite a bit of unused terrain in between the two "peaks;" I wonder if they've ever considered cutting another trail or two in the middle. It's steep but very tight in there (looking from the chair), but I bet there's a couple of good lines in there when there is snow.

Thread Information