• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What the heck is going on at Magic?

vonski

I don't agree with the bit on the food. I like the food. Probably the one place I don't bring my lunch. Prices are reasonable.! and food is good!

vonski

SAturday was great this last weekend. I was beat by the time chair lift broke since my friend and I started at 830 and made laps till 11 when line built up but even then only 6 minute wait to maybe 10 max.

gmcunni

I like the food. Probably the one place I don't bring my lunch. Prices are reasonable.! and food is good!

having not eaten (or skied) there this year my comment could be outdated but... i have to agree with mama... last season the food was sub-par. i don't recall it being pricey but the memory of how bad it was has stuck with me. that said, next time i'm there, which is hopefully soon, i will buy lunch again.

djdj

How is the skiing there planning on going up there for a day this weekend

medfordmike

Do Magic regulars know if there is anything that will make the mountain extra busy on Saturday? I have not been to Magic and I will be in Southern VT area Saturday morning. At this point in the season my ski budget is getting low so if it is not a good weekend I may just hit my home mountain and get some more use out of my pass.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Do Magic regulars know if there is anything that will make the mountain extra busy on Saturday? I have not been to Magic and I will be in Southern VT area Saturday morning. At this point in the season my ski budget is getting low so if it is not a good weekend I may just hit my home mountain and get some more use out of my pass.
IMO, from here on out, any day is a good day. Usually their season ends sooner due to lower base depth, but not this year. http://www.wunderground.com/ski/vt/

In terms of crowds, I wouldn't worry at all. I'm coming back a couple more times, and the "crowd factor" does not even factor into my decision. This Saturday should be just great. Check their web site for events. Most of the events seem to just keep people in the bar!

amf

In terms of crowds, I wouldn't worry at all. I'm coming back a couple more times, and the "crowd factor" does not even factor into my decision.
For the poster concerned with crowds, last Saturday (before ol' Red went down) had some of the longest lines I've seen at Magic. There was even a tour bus in the parking lot! At its worst it never approached a good weekend line at any of the major ski areas. Even when the line manager wandered off folks still managed the line on their own.

soposkier

Ski the East Tour is there this weekend. Too bad there is no lift viewing as it is under the black chair. Good thiinking on it will make the bar more crowded, but hopefully wont have a drastic effect on lines.

vonski

From Todays snow report. "Looking forward to the weekend Saturday we host the Ski The East Freeride Tour and our first USASA race to come to Magic! The mountain will be running with the top skiers and snowboarders in New England all out to compete on some the most challenging terrain" .

So are there two races Saturday? not Sure what a USASA race is. Will that close other trails? Increase the crowds with two races or is that just one race?

jrmagic

It sounds like it's 2 distinct races. Other than when they both queue up I wouldn't expect long lines. Ski the East will be on black magic and part of blackline. I would imagine the USASA race would be on Talisman.

JamaicaMan

It sounds like it's 2 distinct races. Other than when they both queue up I wouldn't expect long lines. Ski the East will be on black magic and part of blackline. I would imagine the USASA race would be on Talisman.

I think USASA is snowboard race event. So most likely Show Off closed rather than Tali, which is good.

vonski

02/28/2015 Slalom 3
Slalom Southern Vermont Series Magic Mtn

02/28/2015 Giant Slalom 3
Giant Slalom Southern Vermont Series Magic Mtn

I found the USASA site. it is www.usasa.org found he above listing in the events schedule. So how many snowboarders that do GATES! I guess there is a market.

So it could be on Talisman?!

JamaicaMan

Did not. But I think anywhere this weekend in SoVT is going to be busy with the great conditions and relatively reasonable temps. Rather be at Magic where good snow lasts longer...

C-Rex

I'm trying to make the call as well. I have a voucher for Magic but I can't decide if I want to save it for a powder day or use it tomorrow. Probably go somewhere else since I'll have an intermediate with me that won't like to hit the good stuff. :sadwalk: