I need a new ski jacket. What do you have/like? Are puffy jackets still in vogue?

AlpineZone

I need a new ski jacket. What do you have/like? Are puffy jackets still in vogue?

Time for something new. I've got killer cold and spring covered. Looking for something new for mid-weight, average NE ski day; in the 10-30 degrees-ish range. Something wind-blocker of course. This jacket would be used mostly on piste, I've got off piste covered.

I've been using jackets from Mammut the past two seasons or so, the Stoney and Alyeska ones to be specific. (Different sizes to fit differing number of layers underneath). Both are just shells, so they work under any temperature range (I have enough fleece and down mid-layers to start a store...).
    Arc \'em or park \'em

Style and fit and stuff like how many vents and pockets and where they are is probably most important for this type of jacket, all highly personal. I like going to a place like Killington road where there are plenty of shops to comparison shop and try different brands.

"man you make it look so fluid"

i believe skiers must have a red jacket, thats all i know.

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    i believe skiers must have a red jacket, thats all i know.
    Agreed. It is also handy if you have a self-adhering white cross that you can quickly affix to the back should it be necessary to poach a trail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information