21 and Older Pubs at Ski Areas During the Day?

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

21 and Older Pubs at Ski Areas During the Day?

This weekend while skiing at Cannon we discovered that our son (12) would not be able to eat with us in the Cannonball Pub - BECAUSE IT WAS AFTER 2:30. BTW this is a Saturday only rule. That seemed odd to me since the skiing day had not ended yet and there were plenty of families that might have wanted some pub grub and drinks. Seems to me that this is a money losing proposition. In all my years of skiing and having skied at many other ski areas, I must say that I have never heard of this before. I can certainly see maybe a late night Apres Ski Party, maybe? But not in the middle of the after noon!

Do any of you know where a similar practice takes place? Is this a good idea or a bad idea?

2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Weird. Before 8-9pm as long as they are accompanied by an adult I dont see the issue.

Most ski areas I've been to do not let children sit at the bar but sitting at a table with their parents is perfectly fine, especially when ordering food. The Mansfield lodge at Stowe has the bar in the middle of the base lodge & it's not roped off either. Seems like a bad idea to me & like you said they'll probably lose income because of their policy.

It is normal at Cannon. I think it has to do with the live music that they have on Saturdays if I remeber right from last year. We had the same issue with our 19 yr old daughter last year.
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Puck it View Post
    It is normal at Cannon. I think it has to do with the live music that they have on Saturdays if I remember right from last year. We had the same issue with our 19 yr old daughter last year.
    That is correct! But that does not stop the problem and the music has nothing to do with it! The staff of Cannonball Pub need to take responsibility too. Whats to stop me from buying two beers then sitting in the area out side of the pub and hand one to my 19 year old after 2:30 (BTW I would not do that). That same 19 year old who had access last year still access today irregardless.
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Puck it View Post
    It is normal at Cannon. I think it has to do with the live music that they have on Saturdays if I remeber right from last year. We had the same issue with our 19 yr old daughter last year.
    When I turned 18 that was the legal drinking age. I remember the first thing I did after picking up my draft card that day was go to a bar. This was the year they ended the draft. If you're old enough to join the service I can't see why you wouldn't be allowed to drink.
    Last edited by steamboat1; Dec 1, 2014 at 11:36 AM.

I would suggest writing management an email to get clarification on an odd policy. Maybe its a NH state law not enforced at other places? The state does have some odd rules that most places do not enforce such as no alcoholic beverages allowed on dance floors. It could be the state and not Cannon mgmt.

I experienced this last yr as well. My wife was in the lodge w/ our 1 yr old son while I did some runs with Savemeasammy. She tried grabbing lunch in Cannonball with him around 2.
    While the sign does say after 2:30 she was there at 2 and was told that because it was unlikely they would finish eating/paying the bill before 2:30 they were not allowed in.
    I wasn't too happy when I heard that but as mentioned I do think it only hurts their $
    2018-19
    Wildcat 11/10

2017-2018 Days: 51
    2016-2017 Days: 51
    2015-2016 Days: 25
    2014-2015 Days: 36
    2013-2014 Days: 25
    2012-2013 Days: 16
    2011-2012 Days: 25
    2010-2011 Days: 24
    2009-2010 Days: 47

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    When I turned 18 that was the legal drinking age. I remember the first thing I did after picking up my draft card that day was go to a bar. This was the year they ended the draft. If you're old enough to join the service I can't see why you wouldn't be allowed to drink.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    If you can remember the year they ended the draft then you can guess my age. Far from being old.

Thread Information