• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Closing Dates for New England Mountains - 2015

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
I'm in Vermont until tomorrow ... I've already have a draft of who's left. The number is down to 42 (Canada 20, US 22). Open daily is down to 21. About a dozen are looking past next weekend.

Update on the blog sometimes on Wednesday. I'll put up the link here.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

deadheadskier

Staff member
Didn't shred the gnar, but there was skiing to be had in Chicago today.

Attachments

• 1428988466383.jpg
    1428988466383.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 129

Savemeasammy

Big Boulder in PA is now planning to reopen next Saturday 4/18.
(putting all those larger mountains further north to shame)

Judging by the lift line reports on Sunday, there are still plenty of people looking to make turns. Glad to hear this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SIKSKIER

We sure had a large crowd at Cannon Sunday filling Echo Lake parking lot and parked up and down the no parking road by Brookside and on Mittersill road.

Cannonball

We sure had a large crowd at Cannon Sunday filling Echo Lake parking lot and parked up and down the no parking road by Brookside and on Mittersill road.

It was impressive! And no real event going on other than the pond skim (which I don't think is a huge draw). I'm thinking that lots of people had left over vouchers etc that weren't getting used up during the brutal cold this winter. They saw Sunday as one of the last (and maybe best) chances to finally get to Cannon this season. Probably true for a lot of the other busy places this weekend.

dlague

No, I was surprised how many kids there were. Lots of knuckle dragging teenagers too.

Seemed like both Saturday and Sunday had lots of newbies as well. However, Saturday was not the best day for a newbie! I thought it was cool to see!

Jcb890

$19.54 in advance (by friday night), not sure what the walk up price is, do you know?

No, I am not sure. The site just says to buy online in advance for $19.54 and says that the $19.54 price is not valid at the window. I assume they will charge normal spring price at the window on Sunday from the lack of specifics.

gmcunni

No, I am not sure. The site just says to buy online in advance for $19.54 and says that the $19.54 price is not valid at the window. I assume they will charge normal spring price at the window on Sunday from the lack of specifics.

hopefully a solid weather forecast is in place Friday afternoon... hate to drop the $20 to find out it is going to rain.. i'm whimpy, not going to spend 6 hours in the car to ski a rainy sunday.

Jcb890

Ha, that does make me sound cheaper than i really am.. if i spend the $20 i'll feel compelled to spend the 6 hours in the car, that part is worse (for a rainy day).

I kind of enjoy the ride myself. Though driving home is a bit long and boring after a long day of riding.

Has anyone gone before? Is it normally packed for the final day?

I checked Weather Underground the other day and they were calling for rain Saturday, but clear Sunday. Just checked and it is showing clear Saturday and Sunday.
I also checked Snow-Forecast and that site is calling for rain both Saturday and Sunday.

Rain makes everything awful. If it is supposed to rain, I'll probably pass on the day also. I'm certainly tempted though because I am also very cheap and $19.54 is a nice price.:lol:

gmcunni

I kind of enjoy the ride myself. Though driving home is a bit long and boring after a long day of riding.

Has anyone gone before? Is it normally packed for the final day?

I checked Weather Underground the other day and they were calling for rain Saturday, but clear Sunday. Just checked and it is showing clear Saturday and Sunday.
I also checked Snow-Forecast and that site is calling for rain both Saturday and Sunday.

Rain makes everything awful. If it is supposed to rain, I'll probably pass on the day also. I'm certainly tempted though because I am also very cheap and $19.54 is a nice price.:lol:

3 hours driving back to CT in rain is not my idea of enjoyable ;-)

Jcb890

3 hours driving back to CT in rain is not my idea of enjoyable ;-)

Well yeah, rain throws it all out the window. Boarding in the rain is awful. I imagine skiing in the rain is no better. I always bring a change of clothes to change into though for when I'm done, so being dry on the ride home isn't something I'm worried about.

Smellytele

Well yeah, rain throws it all out the window. Boarding in the rain is awful. I imagine skiing in the rain is no better. I always bring a change of clothes to change into though for when I'm done, so being dry on the ride home isn't something I'm worried about.

Skiing in the rain isn't too bad> skiers don't sit on their asses at the top of the trail to put their boards on. :)

Jcb890

Skiing in the rain isn't too bad> skiers don't sit on their asses at the top of the trail to put their boards on. :)

:sadwalk::lol: You got us snowboarders there! However, 9 times out of 10, I can find a spot off the lift to stand and do it.