• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

badass snowboard women

ironhippy

it seems like the real story is that poor girl who keeps getting concussions. I can understand needing to snowboard, but do you really need to do it on a set of stairs where you are almost certain to hit your head on concrete or a metal railing at some point?

marebear

This is just...bad. Respect for girls who like to ride and push the limits but I think there were 2 or 3 actual successful landings. Is "badass" suppose to translate to chicks with guts but amateur skills? Just plain silly. Shit like this was cool in the late 70's and 80's when the sport had it's roots in being the rebellious new kid in town with a fuck you attitude. Racking up concussions aint badass, it's life altering. Kinda feel sorry for the "newbie". She is young and getting stupider with each failed rail attempt.

Funky_Catskills

That's exactly what I don't like about snowboarding

Young empowered girls is what you "don't like about snowboarding" ??
And encouraging them to do what they want?

I actually do the same thing with women skiers that hit big "fall or die" lines as well..

So...

yeah...

Go GIRLS!!!! Don't listen to the old cranky dudes....

C-Rex

That's exactly what I don't like about snowboarding

This statement confuses me. Maybe a knuckledragger like myself doesn't have a firm enough grasp on the English language, but to what aspect of snowboarding, in particular, are you referring?

gmcunni

as a father, watching a young women talk about multiple concussions and potential early onset Alzheimer while not seeming to care about it is a bit unsettling.

have passion & do what makes you happy are values i try to instill in my kids but at what cost?

i hope her statements were more for shock value rather than her true feelings.

Scotty, did you see the weed that chick was handling? that's a real job? weed trimming!!

skiNEwhere

I'm all for empowerment, but these girls remind me of people who gets on a ski or board and then try the largest feature in the terrain park on their first day.

They really need to work their way up, cuz those rails look like its way too much for them.

C-Rex

Scotty, did you see the weed that chick was handling? that's a real job? weed trimming!!

Sure is! My cuz is a licensed grower in CA. He was telling me that at first it's fun to trim your own plants but after a while it gets really tedious. He was saying people are making a good living just traveling from grower to grower, trimming plants. He told me he knows a couple of hot girls that do it in bikinis (no joke) as part of the deal. He says he can either pay them in cash or with a portion of his crop. Not a bad way to spend a couple hours: hang out with some hot ladies in bikinis and smoke while they trim your plants. I didn't ask if there was any "happy ending" type options.

Funky_Catskills

I cringe any time someone does crazy sh*t... I still watch it..
Their choice as adults..

those girls punks... they are totally looking to get a rise out of old guys...