• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skier and Snowboarder code with modern updates.

zyk

Seriously...2 or 3 times this weekend someone wacked me with the bar bringing it down practically as soon as you got on the chair. At least one time one person apologized...

I'll never understand the rush to put it down so quickly. Make sure everyone is paying attention and ready before lowering the bar. It isn't difficult. The irony is those same people that put the bar down so quickly (while you're barely off the ground) will also raise the bar a good 30+ seconds before you get to the unload terminal (while you're often a rather substantial height above ground).
Usually solo and on the outside I learned quick to tuck my shoulder and duck my head.

Dickc

Seriously...2 or 3 times this weekend someone wacked me with the bar bringing it down practically as soon as you got on the chair. At least one time one person apologized...

I'll never understand the rush to put it down so quickly. Make sure everyone is paying attention and ready before lowering the bar. It isn't difficult. The irony is those same people that put the bar down so quickly (while you're barely off the ground) will also raise the bar a good 30+ seconds before you get to the unload terminal (while you're often a rather substantial height above ground).
I'm tall. I deal with this by grabbing the bar as soon as I can and holding it and asking if everyone is ready for it. What I hate is finding one that is poorly balanced, and it comes down all by it self from the bang of a slight misload.