• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2016-17 Edition

rach

The past couple of years Cannon Mt (NH) has had a 2 for 1 lift ticket special on Superbowl Sunday (for those of you who don't care about football, or want to get some runs in before the game). However, I don't see the special listed on their website this year, so maybe its no longer happening?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
The past couple of years Cannon Mt (NH) has had a 2 for 1 lift ticket special on Superbowl Sunday (for those of you who don't care about football, or want to get some runs in before the game). However, I don't see the special listed on their website this year, so maybe its no longer happening?
Resorts continually tweak their incentive offerings from year to year. In my experience, most offers like this don't show up until a week or two out. They presumably don't want to cannibalize their revenue stream. I'd suggest following them on FB or Twitter may get you more timely info. Or just call them on the phone.:smash:

Jcb890

Wachusett has been surprisingly good this year. When we have been getting rain at home, they have been getting snow (more often than not). Last week when we got 2-3" of snow and then rain, they got 10-12" of all snow. I was there last night also and although it was a mixed precipitation and some rain, the snow was still pretty good. Not a bad local resort. My wife and I like to go at night after work at least once per week.

Shouldn't that flyer say 8-10P though?

rach

Ok thanks! Hopefully its happening again and just not posted yet. I'll try contacting them directly. :)

rach

Have the lift lines been full of ski teams at Wachusett weeknights?

Jcb890

Have the lift lines been full of ski teams at Wachusett weeknights?
We tend to get there around 7 or so during the week. There wasn't much of a crowd last night, but it was actually the most crowded I have seen it on a week-night this season. The Polar Express Quad had a small line right when we got there last night, but I didn't have to wait more than a chair or 2 or 3 to get on. Most nights it has just been ski on/ski off, especially by 7. Also, if you stay away from the Minuteman Quad, you can steer clear of the park rats and ski teams because that's the side both the park and race course are on. There's usually more of a crowd for that lift than the Polar Express to the summit.

rach

Thanks! Good tip to stick with the Polar Express. I tried to get a few runs in at Blue Hills (just because its so close and inexpensive), but with only 1 main lift, I was frustrated waiting in line with the ski teams. Sounds like it more worth it just to drive out to Wachusett for better runs and shorter lines!

Jcb890

Thanks! Good tip to stick with the Polar Express. I tried to get a few runs in at Blue Hills (just because its so close and inexpensive), but with only 1 main lift, I was frustrated waiting in line with the ski teams. Sounds like it more worth it just to drive out to Wachusett for better runs and shorter lines!
How far are you from Wachusett? Do you have a pass and does it make sense to come on a week-night? I would avoid Saturday and Sunday during the day because it gets very busy. Sunday PM isn't as much of a problem and then weeknight PM is the best from a crowd standpoint.

puckoach

Resorts continually tweak their incentive offerings from year to year. In my experience, most offers like this don't show up until a week or two out. They presumably don't want to cannibalize their revenue stream. I'd suggest following them on FB or Twitter may get you more timely info. Or just call them on the phone.:smash:

I have been going on a Super Bowl Ski Trip for 7 of the last 8 years. Sunday - Tues.

On Sunday, there are some morning skiers, but clears out early. Following the trend of the game watching in NE, people are going to house parties now. (We watch at the Woodstock - join us !)

There have been deals offered. More so in the past 5 years. Usually, the offers have been announced following the Conference games, 2 weeks before the SB.

Interestingly, this year there is not as many "rooms" available.

Loon did offer the following last week for a few days, on Facebook. Most posted responses insulted them.

"
For only $229, you can choose a 3-day lift ticket valid either Friday-Sunday, February 3-5, 2017 - or Saturday-Monday, February 4-6, 2017 . This deal disappears after Friday, Jan. 20 "

Maybe they were trying to grab some sales, before the real deals are offered. Or, maybe they know something we don't.

Cornhead

Greek, not terrible, but sad noless, lemonade day. Mars was groomed, required shuttle bus access, had zero visibility, fog, but was empty, and gripped great.

Main hill was ungroomed, sunny on top, foggy at bottom.
3e96fc4112923f06133c8e7c1f6efdcf.jpg

Illiad

Sent from my R1 HD using AlpineZone mobile app

puckoach

I have been going on a Super Bowl Ski Trip for 7 of the last 8 years. Sunday - Tues.

On Sunday, there are some morning skiers, but clears out early. Following the trend of the game watching in NE, people are going to house parties now. (We watch at the Woodstock - join us !)

There have been deals offered. More so in the past 5 years. Usually, the offers have been announced following the Conference games, 2 weeks before the SB.

Interestingly, this year there is not as many "rooms" available.

Not much posted yet. I know that yesterday might have been "come up with a plan" day, and meetings to figure it out might be today or tomorrow.

As I said earlier, not as many room as available as past years. Although some might get freed up, now the "we" are in the game.

Liftopia did have limited number of $30 deals from Attitash and Wildcat.

WMUR has posted a listing of "deals", a few days before the game, for the past 4 years.

xwhaler

Magic Mtn Monday 2/6 $30 includes Brunch

From their site:

[FONT=dinneuzeitgroteskltw01-_812426][FONT=avenir-lt-w01_35-light1475496]Feb 6th: Special Super Bowl Monday Brunch and Ski Day with Bloody Monday Bloodies. Ski Tickets just $30 (includes Brunch)[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=dinneuzeitgroteskltw01-_812426][FONT=avenir-lt-w01_35-light1475496]​[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=dinneuzeitgroteskltw01-_812426][FONT=avenir-lt-w01_35-light1475496]There's no reason not to plan your new 3-day weekend in early February and watch the game here and ski the next day for a special Magic Monday opening[/FONT][/FONT]

xwhaler

Bretton Woods Super Bowl Sunday

• The Big Game (2/5)
    Ski & Ride for $51 before cheering on your favorite team.

fahz

BOLTON VALLEY Subaru & Hyundai deals

A little too late for today, but a couple days in March. Confirmed that it is open to out of state registrations as well.

If you're a Subaru or Hyundai owner, prepare for some fantastic news. Once again, Bolton Valley will host four special days for Subaru and Hyundai owners. Each day will include a different lift ticket deal for owners with a valid registration.
The promotion will run on two Sundays and two Fridays this season. On Sundays, the promotion will allow owners to receive up to (4) All Access full day lift tickets at 50% off the current rate for that day. On Fridays, receive one complimentary ticket with the opportunity to purchase (3) additional tickets at 50% off.*
*Tickets are only valid for the current date of promotion. Please bring your Subaru or Hyundai registration to Guest Services to get your free and discounted lift tickets. Offer must be claimed by 4pm.

• Sunday, January 8 (4 at 50% off)
  • Friday, January 27 (1 free, 3 at 50% off)
  • Friday, March 3 (1 free, 3 at 50% off)
  • Sunday, March 12 (4 at 50% off)
AND, all season long Subaru and Hyundai customers will receive a 10% discount on a Ski and Stay Package. Holidays included! Cool car and great skiing and riding? Thanks Subaru and Hyundai!