• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

rocks860

We're going up next weekend (Friday and saturday) staying at my gf's coworkers condo at the base. Hope this rain/summer weather doesn't ruin things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYDB

We're going up next weekend (Friday and saturday) staying at my gf's coworkers condo at the base. Hope this rain/summer weather doesn't ruin things

Unfortunately it's torched. Feel bad for mountain especially after such good conditions last week. Most of west side is gone. Tali, lower black and heart of mag is it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using AlpineZone mobile app

rocks860

Unfortunately it's torched. Feel bad for mountain especially after such good conditions last week. Most of west side is gone. Tali, lower black and heart of mag is it.

Is there any beginner/intermediate stuff left? My gf mostly sticks to greens and maybe blues

slatham

They have TTB green, blue and black trails covered with snowmaking, which should withstand this nastiness.

NYDB

They'll have the easy way down, trick to showoff and wizard to tali. There is a lot of snow on talisman I can't seeing them having much else if anything open besides those 3ish routes. They are not alone. It was a Brutal meltdown for all So Vt. 3 days in the 60's. Go west young man.

Last edited:

slatham

To be more specific, while I don't know how things will come through this warm up, I d know they made snow on the following, which should be in action even with the melt:

Upper Carpet
Medium
Trick
Wand
Show Off
Hocus Pocus
Wizard to Tail to Wiz to base.

Others may be in play too especially if there get a couple of inches tonight which is not out of the question.

I love the new ownership's dedication to putting out a good product. From the website...

"February 27th

March-ing to a beat of a different drummer.​

We're heading in to March. Not usually a time to make snow at most sk resorts. But that's exactly what we are going to do. It seems we have to get through a couple more days of ugly weather, but we are prepping to make snow when the temps drop on Thursday and Friday to make the skiing better into this weekend's WinterFest celebration. (Yes, it is still winter.)

We are going to blow snow on both the West and East sides so we can ski into April on both sides of the mountain. There are also predictions for 4" of snow on Friday when we re-open then into the weekend. Next week also has other potential snow storm opportunities as March can sometimes be the snowiest month in Vermont.

While the weather has been up and down dramatically this year, we here at SKI MAGIC remain committed to giving you as good an experience as possible on and off the slopes--even if that means spending more money on snowmaking in March."

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Nice!! Wanting to get back up there after my first day in 20+ years so this is great news!

Best terrain in S VT! Way to go new owners!

rocks860

We're supposed to go up this weekend, if nothing else we'll be drinking at the tavern but will it be worth skiing at all?

prsboogie

They posted that the guns would be out and running this weekend so good chance it would be ok

drjeff

We're supposed to go up this weekend, if nothing else we'll be drinking at the tavern but will it be worth skiing at all?

Will you be skiing the trees and the natural terrain? Probably not

Will you be skiing their snowmaking terrain on the East and West sides - yup!

The base they had down on their snowmaking terrain when I was there the Sunday of Pres weekend (just as the blowtorch events started) was significant. And with some resurfacing and the often IMHO VERY underrated grooming job that Magic does, you'll be getting some laps more than likely on very good quality snow surfaces

rocks860

We're going up Friday and trying to decide whether to head up early and ski that day or just do Saturday. My gf was hoping it would be less crowded on Friday I'm just not sure if it's gonna be worth it. She's a beginner/intermediate snowboarder so she'll just be sticking to the snowmaking stuff, any idea when they're going to start making snow? I assume it's probably still too warm right now

dlague

We're going up Friday and trying to decide whether to head up early and ski that day or just do Saturday. My gf was hoping it would be less crowded on Friday I'm just not sure if it's gonna be worth it. She's a beginner/intermediate snowboarder so she'll just be sticking to the snowmaking stuff, any idea when they're going to start making snow? I assume it's probably still too warm right now

Snowmaking stuff will be the only option right? After today and tonight, things will freeze up and I can not imagine anything being skiable in the woods or natural. Although there does seem to be a back side to this wet weather that might add a couple inches.

JamaicaMan

Snowmaking trails only after this extended warm-up. 60 again today with winds (bright side no r@&n???!) Snowmaking going hard from Thursday-Sunday while temps hold. At least a real good 48 hour window. We will do what we can and groom it nice by weekend. If you have skis or boards on, then you're having fun. (Plus Saturday's torch--how appropriate--light parade, fireworks and band from Baltimore will be a blast). F Mother Nature right now. Really.

dlague

Snowmaking trails only after this extended warm-up. 60 again today with winds (bright side no r@&n???!) Snowmaking going hard from Thursday-Sunday while temps hold. At least a real good 48 hour window. We will do what we can and groom it nice by weekend. If you have skis or boards on, then you're having fun. (Plus Saturday's torch--how appropriate--light parade, fireworks and band from Baltimore will be a blast). F Mother Nature right now. Really.

Give it time - it is on its way!

giveittime.png